37.

Kakashi stares you down, three days had passed since you'd left the village to find Itachi and since your return you'd spent every day sitting in the hokage office twiddling your thumbs. "So." You start.

"I'm busy, please don't distract me." He says, finally turning back to his paperwork.

"Kakashi, I'm bored."

"At least you're safe." He reminds without looking up.

"Fine, can I at least borrow a pen and paper of something."

He sighs, but slides you the supplies you want anyway. "What are you going to with it?"

"Draw." Everyone seemed to be mad at you, including Sakura. You knew they were just worried because you'd thrown yourself into a dangerous situation again, and not just yourself, but it was important.. why couldn't they understand that?

Kakashi sighed heavily. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, you can go."

"But I just started drawing."

"But you're free to go, who cares about your drawings?"

"I care, this one's for you so you should care too."

"(Y/n), are you ever going to learn your lesson?"

"No, probably not."

"Just be careful."

"I'm always careful, thank you Kakashi. This place is boring."

"Tell me about it." He muttered, "I hope Naruto returns soon."

"He will." You leave behind a half finished drawing of a stick figure as you take your opportunity to escape. Down the street you walk, heading for the sweet place Kakashi had mentioned. You half expected to run into the two woman a you browsed the isles of hand crafted sweets. But your luck is currently spent, so you pick out a few treats and pay for them. The lack of missions has been damaging to your wallet.. 

Back out on the streets you squint at the sun, wondering who you might share these with. You do recall Zabuza had returned from his mission yesterday, him and Haku were likely in the apartment provided to them by the Hokage. You head that way, you hadn't seen Haku since your fight and he likely was worried about you holding a grudge or something. 

"Knock knock." You say, twisting the handle to the apartment you believe to be their's. 

"Sakura?" Haku's voice is behind you, he was standing in the doorway across from you. 

"Ah, wrong door."

"You're lucky no one lives there anymore."

"Anymore?"

"Well, they died during the attack.." He muttered and let you walk into the apartment before him, closing the door. "So.. you're alright?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry about not visiting. I was struggling with the guilt of all the death, you know how it is." You say, nodding a greeting to Zabuza. "Pajama man, glad to see you're still rocking those pants."

"Sakura, glad to see you're still as annoying as ever." He replies jokingly.

"I brought dessert, want some?"

"Yes." 

"No." Haku and Zabuza look at each other, Haku continues, "you'll ruin your dinner. Desserts can happen later. Sakura, have you eaten today?"

"No, I'm about to though." You hold the bags of candy up and he takes it from you. You watch him dish up a bowl of soup and place it in your hands. 

"Eat this first, sit." You sigh, sitting beside Zabuza as Haku brings two more bowls to the small table.