24.

"Rise and shine," you say to yourself as you climb out of bed. The afternoon sun lit up the room as you collected some clothes, heading to the bathroom for a shower. Your reflection looked exhausted, dark rings under your green and (e/c) eyes and a grumpy look on your face. "What are you looking at?" You glare at your own reflection, deciding it's way too early to be awake and taking your shower. After drying off and getting dressed you searched Sakura's drawers for something to cover the bags under your eyes, at least until you can get more sleep. Sakura's mother was sitting at the table, sipping a warm drink and staring off at a wall.

"Hello dear," she says as you walk into the room. "Please take a seat, we need to talk." You sit down across from her as she brushes her hair out of her face. "Why didn't you tell me about your ability?"

"I'm sorry, I wasn't really allowed to discuss it with anyone else until we understood it better." You weren't really lying but you still felt guilty about it. "Only Kakashi and the Hokage really knew about it."

"I understand, is this why you've been spending so much time with Kakashi?" You nod, she smiles weakly. "Can you see my future?"

"Hmm...." You close your eyes and rub your temples, "unfortunately no. Can I ask you a question?" She nods, sitting up straighter. "When did you find out you could turn into a flower?"

"Oh, they told you about that?" She sighs, "they say it's a kekkei genkai but it's not really at all. When I was younger I toyed with the idea of being a ninja, I thought if I worked hard enough my chakra would grow and I'd eventually be able to control it. That doesn't work, as you probably know, but I was young so I tried. It was a couple months into my 'training' when something did happen, I thought it was a sign that I had finally done it and immediately went to my father to show him. I don't remember how to do it now but I turned into a flower, it was a very odd feeling. Everything got bigger and I couldn't move, I thought it was so cool until I tried to undo it and couldn't. I spent two days as a flower, scared my parents to death at the idea of having a flower for a child forever. Once it wore off I never tried it again, I no longer wanted to be a ninja and that was probably for the best. I mean, if I had been a ninja I never would have married your father and you would not be here." She smiled softly at the memory, something she probably never thought she'd be sharing.

"What flower were you?"

"I was a tulip. A pretty red tulip, it's still my favorite flower." She got out of her chair and rinsed her mug, "so what are your plans? You'll be fighting again won't you?"

"I will be fighting Haku, he wouldn't kill me so you don't have to worry about that. I'm going to be training a lot these next few weeks so you maybe I'll actually stand a chance." You say jokingly and she shakes her head.

"Of course you stand a chance, you'll do great. I'll be there cheering you on, good luck with your training." She watches as you gather your stuff to leave, "oh Sakura?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't sleep in so long, half the day is gone already."

"Will do..... won't do? I will try to wake up earlier."

"Good, now have a nice day and don't get into any trouble." You wave to her as you head out, heading toward the hospital to see if Tenten was still there, you found her pretty easily and waited outside the room until her company left.

"Hey Sakura," she calls out as you knock at the door.

"Hey Tenten," you respond as you set up your supplies beside the bed. "Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot," she replied while setting up her supplies.

"Say I need to suppress someone's chakra, even for a minute or two, without their knowledge. Is there a way to do that?"