18.

Training, training, and more training. That's what you've been doing these past few days, you were both mentally and physically exhausted. Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai had worked together to teach you everything you needed to know, at least what they could teach you in a couple days. They had agreed to let you spar with Sasuke today, the fight was over pretty quickly. "You're not ready," Kakashi says as he pulls you up from the ground.

"Oh please, I let Sasuke win." You immediately fall back to the ground, the pain in your stomach was too much at this moment.

"Sasuke beat you in five minutes and he was going easy on you! You're not ready." Kakashi tells you again.

"Well it doesn't matter, it's too late to back out."

"No it's not-"

"Far too late, I couldn't possibly back out now." Kakashi huffs, leaving you to go discuss something with the other sensei's. Sasuke lowers himself to your level, looking hesitant. "Hey Ducky."

"I didn't mean to kick you that hard." He states, looking over you with guilt.

"It's fine, I'm fine. Just a bit of pain," you laugh a bit to show you're okay.

"Please don't fight, whatever this plan that Sakura has is not worth it." You reach up and ruffle his hair.

"I think it is Sasuke, it really honestly is." You have yet to tell Sasuke about the plan even though he has asked every day. "Everything's going to be fine, if anything goes wrong then we'll move onto plan B. Then plan C, D, E, F, etc etc."

"Do you know who you're fighting against?"

"Kabuto?" You say hesitantly, you weren't positive on the pronunciation but it was close enough. "You know him."

"No I don't," he looked a little confused as he tried to put a face to the name.

"Yeah you do, he had those card things." He said in inaudible 'oh' and you nodded.

"I asked him about Gaara," he remembers out loud. "I also asked him about (Y/n)...."

"He knows my name now?" Sasuke nods, "did he have anything?" He shakes his head and you breathe a sigh of relief.

"He didn't have much about Sakura either," maybe you should have explained everything sooner.

"Well, that's the guy I'm going to be fighting. And I have to win, losing is not an option right now."

"Sasuke, (Y/n)!" Kakashi calls you over, "the second exam is over. It's time," Kakashi looked directly at you. Maybe he was hoping you'd back out, you wouldn't though.

"Let's go," you tell him and your small group makes their way to the arena thing. Sasuke leaves to go join Naruto and Haku, you go to follow but Kakashi pulls you away.

"When your fight comes up we'll be right here, if we think we should interfere we will." You nod in understanding, following him to where the bystanders watch from. "Stay here until you're called to fight." He wanders away and you decide to look around a bit. You expected a huge crowd coming to watch your fight but it appeared that only a few people who were around the village came.

"They didn't announce that there'd be a preliminary exam to the world, the crowd will be here for the next fight if you win." Sakura says, you only just manage not to jump.

'So do I?' She looks at you and bites her lip.

"No, according to both the anime and the manga you will lose to Kabuto."

'How about according to you?'

"According to me, you'll try your best." She looks around for a moment, "let's work on that plan a bit shall we?"

'Sure, what are we doing?'

"Over there," she points at a nearby teenager. "Go talk to him." You do as she says, he notices you approaching.

"Hey, I'm Sakura Haruno." He looks down at you with confusion and says absolutely nothing. "So, come here often?"

"I was just in the area and decided to check out the exams un." The blonde has an amused look, you notice he doesn't have a headband.

"Get him talking about the psychic," you glance at Sakura. How exactly were you supposed to do that?

"Is there anyone, in particular, you hope to see fight?" He thinks for a moment.

"Uchiha, I have also heard rumors of a psychic hmm. I'm not going to hold my breath for that though yeah."

"Sasuke Uchiha or...?"

"Is there another Uchiha in the Chunnin exams un?" He said the last name with slight distaste.

"No, I guess not. Though there are plenty of girls hoping they will be." You watched Sasuke and another guy walk out, the fighting was about to start. You point out at them, "there's the fight you're waiting for." Sasuke looks around, stopping once he sees you. He, of course, narrows his eyes at the blonde once he sees him and your company returns the look.

"Do you know him personally hmm?"

"Yeah, he's my teammate. Him and Naruto Uzumaki, a difficult team to deal with. I feel like a babysitter sometimes."

"Yeah, you feel like the babysitter." Sakura puts on emphasis on the word you as she snorts. "Get off the Uchiha subject, he hates them. You need to talk about the psychic, this guy is important."

"Well, the rumors of a psychic are true. I've seen them fight."

"Are they any good un?"

"Absolutely.... not, they're horrible. I watched them fight Sasuke this morning and it took him only five minutes to take them down, he wasn't even using the Sharingan. Just a quick kick to the stomach and they were down," you shake your head at the memory from just a short bit ago.

"So they're not that impressive then un?"

"Not when it comes to fighting but they know things, that's impressive right?"

"What kind of things yeah?" You're both distracted as Sasuke finishes up his match, making his way towards you as soon as he can. The blue-eyed teen beside you started to get squirmish.

"Hi," you greeted Sasuke who nodded in return. "Anyways, the psychic knows the future to an extent. They know some of the past, whatever they don't know they can probably figure out."

"The Psychic of Konoha vs Kabuto Yakushi," someone announced. That was sooner than you expected.

"Be careful," Sasuke says quietly and you pat his head.

"Of course, I'll see you later Ducky." You turn to your new friend, 'what's his name Sakura?'

"His name is Deidara, he's an Akatsuki member." You take a mental note of that.

"Will I see you around Deidara?" His eyes widened a bit after hearing his name, which he hadn't told you, but responded with an interested tone.

"Maybe hmm...." He watches you with both confusion and interest as you walk away. You're walking by Gaara when he starts to say something.

"If you lose this fight you might be able to shake Orochimaru's interest." You pause, meeting his eyes. It was almost like he was telling you to throw the fight but Gaara wouldn't do that would he?

"As much as I'd love to lose his interest, I need to win this fight." You're about to start walking again when you think of something. "Can I borrow some sand?"

"Why do you want to borrow his sand?" Sakura asks, both her and Gaara are confused but the latter pours a handful of sand in your hand. You could say he's curious as to what you'll use it for. You hold the sand to your chest, trying to keep as much as possible trapped in your hand.

"Thank you," you quickly make your way to the arena area before they decide to disqualify you for not showing up. 'To answer your question, I may need it to throw in someone's eyes.' Sakura is quiet as she watches you, thinking of ways you could actually win this. You're placed on the opposite side of the arena thing, facing Kabuto. He smiled with false politeness and if you hadn't known who he was you might have smiled back. A nervousness swept over you as the match started.

"Begin!"