The Wyvern's Doom Tree

Savannah held Alice's hand. It wasn't possible, Mother couldn't be dead. She was tougher than that and a Regenerator.

She gripped Alice's hand tighter.

"Mother can't be dead! She's a Regenerator, a Reborn, a Dragon Angel, and she'd never abandon us...Gorky's going to drag you to your end!"

Alice looked down at the ground and watched the others line up with Gorky. She thought back to Savannah's words.

"Yet you hate Mother... why should you be right?"

Savannah: "I... no... I don't hate Mother... She saved me 2 times, more. I was stupid, guided by my anger, but she loves us, I can feel it... I was in her womb... just like you."

Alice reflected and felt non-rational emotions. Contradictory to logic.

"Savannah, my heart tells me you're right but my mind tells me you're wrong."

"Do what you want, Alice, I'm going after her. The Talmors are cruel, elitist beings who think only of their blood, nobility and titles. I know they torture Blue and many others. But Mother will find a solution. She's beaten powerful gods and she'll do it again."

Alice then smiled at Savannah.

"Yes, I'll give you a chance!"

Then Alice summoned the Monstrotanks Drakor, Excavator and the 3 Monstroships in wyvern form.

The others turned to Gorky and the 6 Wyverns returned to the baths to offer a mausoleum to the poor bard.

Savannah: "I'm sure Mother will be able to give the poor human back his life."

Alice: "It's against the will of the gods! "

Savannah: "How dare they!"

The friends mourned their musician friend but were afraid of the wyverns. Savannah explained that Mother had already practiced resurrection! Alice then blew gel to crystallize the human's remains.

Then they questioned the bards to find out what had really happened.

They learned that Carnivor had shot a half-human arrow into the heart of Diskor's boyfriend. Diskor was madly in love with him and even had his mother's blessing.

A fight ensued between the 2 Montrotanks in their brute form, Diskor having scarred Predator. Diskor then rushed in the direction Predator had taken, and Predator was heard roaring with the great dragon, followed by cries of pain and tears. Then everything disappeared.

Savannah: The canyon! Predator must have lost Diskor, who can't ride on vertical planes, and the river is torrential!

Alice: "I've got a bad feeling about this! The river is coming straight towards the territory of the Demon Lord and all his monsters!!!"

The Wyverns looked around and saw flashes of lightning and charred scales on the sand at the edge of the torrent. The walls were as high as the Vernon Gorge. Very high, with no access from the plateau overlooking the abyss.

Then Drakor shouted: "Come and see!

The wyverns landed and saw dragon paw prints, not wyvern ones! They were huge! Really huge, and with their height between 16 and 20 meters, the creature had to be at least 5 times their size!

Savannah: "You saw the prints!... And there's blood from... Mommy!! dried!." she sniffed.

The other wyverns rose to follow a desolate burnt area full of rocks. Surrounded by a sort of cliff cirque with a nameless horror at the bottom!