chapter four

hey guys. i'm not 100% when mihawk and the other warlord pirates bounties were cancelled but let's just say it was 3 years before season 1 took place because that's convenient for me

THREE YEARS AGO

"Cancelling your bounties? But they're so high!" Blade said to Mihawk.

"Exactly, it's not like we're gonna be caught. We just give them any information they want and the bounty over our head is old news. I could convince them to do the same for you."

"No."

"No?"

"No. I like my freedom."

"This is the freest you could be, Miura!"

"Don't call me that."

"Think about it. You'd be at liberty to be whatever you want, whenever you want, without worrying about those dreaded bounty hunters."

"But can a pirate without a bounty even be considered a pirate? No, Mihawk. I've learned to take pride in what I do, I'm not gonna give up what I've worked for just so I can get off the hook more often."

"You realise what this is gonna mean for you, right? Once mine and the other warlords bounties are cancelled, yours will be the highest on the East Blue. Thats a lot for a sixteen year old girl to handle."

"Then I'll lay low. My mission is still the same, find the pirates who took my parents."

"My hope for you to find them is slowly dwindling, Blade."

"Well, mine isn't. So you're gonna take that offer?"

"I am."

"Then it's best we go our separate ways. After all, you don't want them asking for information on me."

"That's be right. I'll help you find your own boat, and that will be all. Thank you for being my first mate, Blade."

"Thank you for being my captain, Mihawk."

Mihawk was the only one who knew anything about Blade. Her real name, her age, what she looked like. He was the only one who'd seen her face in the last two years. Blade wanted to be mad that he was taking the offer, but it made sense. If her bounty were as high as his, she probably would've taken it to.

Now, she was moving up multiple ranks. She wasn't just Mihawk's first mate anymore, she was the pirate with the highest bounty. Most would argue that she ruled the East Blue, but she didn't want that. Still, she was certainly going to be sought after much more now.

BOUNTY: 20,500,00

PRESENT DAY

Blade had been laying very low for the past three years, trying not to be caught by bounty hunters, and still trying to find her parents. No luck. Not even a hint of where they could be. She questioned if they were even on the East Blue anymore.

Still, she needed some way to keep herself fed. It had been two days since she'd eaten, and the closest island was very much controlled by marines. It would be risky, but she couldn't go any longer without eating, not if she wanted to stay strong.

Shells Town. She'd probably be able to get in and out quickly. She parked her small boat and grabbed a sack, hoping to fit a lot of food in it to last her a while. She was headed to the Grand Line. She wasn't sure she'd be able to find it without a map, but she could sure as hell try if it meant finding who she needed to find.

She pulled her hood over her head so no one saw her mask and walked as quickly as she could, trying to find some sort of market. She stopped at a wall covered in WANTED posters, hers of course more prominent than everyone else's.

BOUNTY: 25,000,000

"Hey," she heard a male voice say next to her. It sounded sweet.

"What?" She asked, not daring to move her head and reveal the gold that covered her face.

"That's you."

"What are you talking about?"

"I saw your mask, your Blade!"

Blade shoved her hand over the boys mouth and backed him against the wall. She got a proper look at him now. He had a scar on his face and wore a straw hat.

"Listen, you so much as say my name while I'm here, I'll chop yours and your little friend's heads clean off. I'm not here to hurt anyone, I just wanna get some food and get out of here."

"Where are you headed?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm headed where every other pirate's headed."

"The Grand Line. You have a map?"

"No."

"Well you're gonna need one."

"Says who?"

"Says everyone who's ever tried to get to the Grand Line! I'm looking for the map, too, you should join my crew."

"You're a pirate? Whyve I never heard of you before."

"My name is Monkey D. Luffy. I'm gonna be King of the pirates!"

"King of the pirates, huh? I don't know if you noticed, but my bounty's the highest on the East Blue."

"Oh, I noticed. Mine is gonna be higher."

"Saying such dangerous things with such a huge smile on your face seems like a talent. But it's not. If you're gonna be a decent pirate, you gotta learn all the tricks. You gotta prove you're the best."

"I will when I find the One Piece!"

"You believe in that shit?"

"You don't? Why are you going to the Grand Line if you don't believe in the One Piece?"

"I'm looking for someone."

"Who?"

"You ask too many questions."

"Just getting to know my crew."

"I'm not your crew, but I like your persistence. Maybe you really could be King of the pirates, if you work hard enough."

With that, Blade let go of Luffy, walking off to find herself some food before she ended up starving to death.