chapter twenty-four

As Sanji fought the fishman, Zoro turned to Miura. "You called yourself Blade," he said, "I thought you hated that."

Miura shrugged. "She's growing on me. People are more scared of her than they are of Miura."

"I was never scared of her."

"That's because she was on your side."

"Mouton shot!" They heard Sanji yell. Miura snickered as he kicked the fishman right into one of the stands.

"Mouton shot?" Zoro asked as him and Miura approached Sanji.

"All great fighters call out their finishing moves," Sanji said.

"Yeah, you're gonna fit in just fine."

They heard a loud yelling, worrying for a second before turning around the see Usopp running in with his slingshot at the ready.

"Never fear, the Great Captain Usopp is... is... Oh, you guys did pretty good in here. Good job, guys."

The building began to crumble, and Nami came running out. Sanji opened his arms for a hug, but she ran straight to Usopp, Zoro and Miura.

"You're all okay!" She smiled.

"Where's Luffy?" Usopp asked.

"Still inside fighting Arlong."

"He's gonna be alright. Right?"

Miura felt sick. She watched as the building crumbled with Luffy inside. Would he survive. What about Arlong? Zoro seemed to notice, wrapping an arm around her waist. She hugged him, not looking up at the building until she heard loud crashing.

She turned around, still in Zoro's arms, the building coming down. She wanted to look away, but she couldn't. Dust filled her vision, and when she finally saw the destruction, she let out a sob. Zoro squeezed her, kissing her head and trying to force her to look away. She shook her head.

In those few seconds, a million thoughts ran through her head. What was gonna happen to the crew? Would she be alone again? Did this mean Coco Village was free?

When she thought about it, Luffy was the reason she was so happy. He'd showed her what friendship meant. That she didn't have to be alone to be strong. Best of all, he'd reunited her with Zoro. If she'd never got on that shitty little boat with him, she'd probably never have seen him again. She remembered the first conversation she had with Luffy.

"Saying such dangerous things with such a huge smile on your face seems like a talent. But it's not. If you're gonna be a decent pirate, you gotta learn all the tricks. You gotta prove you're the best."

"I will when I find the One Piece!"

"You believe in that shit?"

"You don't? Why are you going to the Grand Line if you don't believe in the One Piece?"

"I'm looking for someone."

"Who?"

"You ask too many questions."

"Just getting to know my crew."

"I'm not your crew, but I like your persistence. Maybe you really could be King of the pirates, if you work hard enough."

He still always had that same smile on his face. That stupid smile that she'd grew to love so much, that she looked for every time she was feeling upset.

She'd told him when she first met him that he could be King of the pirates, and she wasn't lying. He was small, and jolly, but he had great persistence, and seemingly no fear of danger. She'd only ever seen that in two people: her and Mihawk. A warlord, and the pirate with the highest bounty on the East Blue.

Now it seemed his dreams were crushed, but at least he'd took down Arlong. He'd always be remembered as long as people told his story.

But it seemed that they wouldn't need to, because Luffy jumped right out of the reckage, with no injuries.

"Nami!" He yelled, "You are our friend! We are your crew!"

Sanji began to laugh, followed by everyone else. Miura let go of Zoro to hug Nami. Finally, no one was mad about the word 'crew'.

next chapter will probably be the final one of season 1 lmk if yall want me to continue with the anime or wait until the second live action season comes out

i'll still be taking a break from it even if i do the anime but it won't be as long