chapter twenty-one

It was a long walk through the tangerine grove to the girls house, but Miura was used to long, excruciating journeys. Usopp, on the other hand, certainly wasn't. When they finally made it to the edge, they came across a little cabin, which seemed to be decorated at the front with oranges.

"Cute," Miura whispered. Zoro smiled upon hearing her voice, her appreciation, but it soon fell when the blue haired girl burst out of her house, gun in hand.

"Turn around and leave," she warned, "Now."

Miura would be scared, but Blade knew when someone was serious about shooting. This girl wasn't. Not now, anyway.

"Hey, I saw you earlier," Luffy said, ignoring her demand, "I think maybe you and I have something in common."

She pulled back the gun. "I've got the gun, and you're standing in front of it. What could we possibly have in common?"

"Let's start with Nami. Seems you know her very well."

"She's a thief with no conscience. And when there's no more left to take, she leaves and doesn't turn back. Now get off my property."

"Nami's part of our crew. She's our friend."

"My sister doesn't have any friends." Miura's eyes widened, but she tried to stay as casual as possible. She could tell Zoro was shocked, too. "The sooner you guys realise that, the better."

"Sisters," Sanji said, "That makes sense. Both as beautiful as each other."

"Give it up," Zoro said.

"I can tell she really did a number on you guys," Nami's sister said, "You're not special, and I can't help you."

"How about a meal?" Sanji offered.

"What?"

"An exchange of sorts for your valuable time and information."

"You cook?"

"He's a waiter," Zoro said.

"He's the best cook in the East Blue," Usopp boasted, "You never tasted anything better in your life. Usopp's word!"

The girl looked to Miura, seemingly wanting the word of another woman. Miura nodded. "He is great," she said. She heard Zoro scoff as the girl turned her attention back to Sanji.

"Ain't got much to cook with."

"You'd be surprised how much I can make with very few ingredients. What do you say? We have a little dinner, a little conversation."

She put the gun down. "Fine. But there better be dessert."

They learnt that Nami's sisters name was Nojiko

They learnt that Nami's sisters name was Nojiko. She welcomed them into her home and clearly enjoyed the meal Sanji made, so she told them about Nami, what happened between them.