chapter fifteen

"You are a fly to him," Nami said, "Something to be swatted and forgotten."

"Not if I win," Zoro said.

"You're not going to win."

"You don't know that."

"But I do," Blade said, "I ran with Mihawk for two years, no one so much as scratched him. What makes you think you're so goddamn special? You may think you're good, Zoro, but you're not Mihawk good, nobody is. You're gonna get yourself killed, what's the point? For a stupid title no one even cares about?"

"I care, Blade! Kuina and Miura would've cared! I made a promise to them to become the world's greatest swordsman. The only way to do that is to beat Mihawk in a duel and take his title. I intend to do just that."

"You think those two girls would want you to kill yourself just to make them proud?"

"At least if I failed I'd see them again."

"You don't even know if Miura's dead!"

"What?"

"How do you know those pirates killed her? You said they took her into the ship and she disappeared, right? That doesn't mean she's dead. You saw what Buggy did to that town of people, who's to say she's not alive?"

"That town of people were on the brink of being brainwashed. It's been six years, if Miura's alive, she's not my Miura."

He was right about that one thing. Blade wasn't the Miura Zoro knew.

"Luffy, do something!" Blade said.

"It's his dream," Luffy said, "I can't stop him from achieving his dream."

"You know what?" Blade sighed. "Mihawk may be a good swordsman, the best, but he's a coward. He saw an opportunity to be free of consequences and he took it. Why do you care about him so much?"

"Why do you even care?"

"Because you're my friend, Zoro!"

"Like Nami said, we don't even know who you are. How can I be friends with someone whose name I don't even know?"

They couldn't stop Zoro from going forward with his duel, so the next morning him, Usopp, Luffy and Blade all met Mihawk at the dock

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

They couldn't stop Zoro from going forward with his duel, so the next morning him, Usopp, Luffy and Blade all met Mihawk at the dock.

"Monkey D. Luffy," Mihawk said, "I'm surprised the Marines would require my services for such a small package. Thought I do like your hat."

"Enough!" Zoro said, "Let's begin."

Mihawk pulled off his cross necklace and detached the bottom of the cross, revealing a tiny knife, if you could even call it that.

"What the hell's that? I'm here for a sword fight."

"I don't hunt rabbits with a cannon."