chapter seventeen

hey guys! sorry for my almost 2 months away from this book, i wasn't really sure what i wanted to do since zoro is in his little coma thing lol, but i'm back

Miura sat in the room with Usopp and Luffy, who was making an attempt to talk to Zoro like Zeff had said. He was doing very well, when Nami yelled from the kitchen, causing the three to run in. She stood there with Sanji, panic evident on her face.

"The Arlong Pirates are at Baratie," she said, "We have to leave now."

"What?" Luffy asked, "Why? Why should we leave?"

"Because they're looking for you two," Nami's eyes flickered between Miura and Luffy.

"Us?"

"And the map. Those fishmen will tear this place apart if Zeff doesn't turn him over."

Sanji began to walk away. "Where are you going?" Usopp asked.

"If Baratie's in danger, I need to be there," Sanji said.

"I'm coming with you," Luffy said.

"We're," Miura corrected.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" Nami asked, "They are hunting you. We need to run."

"I'm with Nami on this one," Usopp said, "I'm really not trying to ruffle any feathers, or scales."

"We're not running," Luffy insisted, "We're going to protect this place."

"This isn't your fight, why would you do that?" Sanji asked.

"You fed us."

"Look, I know this crew," Nami said, "Their captain, Arlong, has the second highest bounty in all of the East Blue-"

Miura scoffed. "And who has the highest, Nami? I know this crew, too. I've fought them before, multiple times, and not once have they won."

"Blade, with all due respect, I don't think you're in the right headspace to fight with someone like Arlong."

"My name is Miura. You don't get to tell me what headspace I'm in, Nami. There is no 'right headspace' to fight in, but I happen to know that if we don't fight back, Arlong will find us, quickly, and there is someone on this ship who you and I both know can't fend for himself! Arlong may be tough, but you best believe that sea creature will be terrified when he sees me."

"If he's so scared of you then why is he hunting you?"

"He's brave, and I have something he wants."

Nami sighed. She couldn't argue anymore. She knew all too well how afraid Arlong and his crew were of Miura. She was too good of a fighter to not be afraid of her. None of them had ever been able to do so much as graze her skin during battle. She was like some sort of superhuman. So, instead of trying to scare them out of it, Nami just begged
.

"Guys, please. Please."

"I can't let innocent people get hurt because of me," Luffy said. Miura nodded, "If those fishmen guys want a fight, we're gonna give them one. You stay with the ship and protect the map. It's gonna be safe with you."