chapter five

after a very long break from this book i'm back

i didn't rlly know what direction i wanted blade to go in in terms of joining the crew which is why ive been gone so long

also i was gonna include her in the captain morgan fight scene but i figured she wouldn't care enough to join and even if she cared for zoro she'd know he could handle himself so

Blade walked quickly with her hood up, her hair covering her mask. As much as she didn't want people to see her mask, she also didn't want them to see her face, so she kept it on and did her best to disguise it.

She'd gotten food, and was taking it back to her boat, when she noticed it was gone.

"What the fuck," she whispered. She desperately looked around for s boat, finally finding one small enough. She was about to get in it, when three people jumped on, with a huge safe. Blade instantly recognised Luffy, along with a girl with orange hair and a guy with... green hair.

"Hey, you!" Luffy said.

"What?" Blade asked, still keeping her head down in fear that Luffy's loud voice would draw attention to them.

"Where's your boat?"

Blade sighed. God, this was embarrassing. "It was stolen."

"Well, you're trying to get to the Grand Line, right?"

"Right."

"Come with us! We have a map."

"I don't do crews."

"You wanna be stuck here alone with angry marines and Captain Morgan? You and I both know you can't steal one of the big ships alone, may as well hop on our boat. It would be an honour to have a pirate as notorious as you on my crew."

"Notorious?" Green hair asked.

Blade sighed, stepping onto the boat.

"I'm not part of your crew. You get me to the grand line, then we go our separate ways."

"You not gonna pay us in some way for this trip we're taking you on?" Orange hair asked.

"I'll pay you by not chopping off your heads in your sleep, throwing your body's in the water, stealing the map and taking this boat to the Grand Line myself. Deal?"

Luffy smiled. "Deal! But we have to wait for my friend."

"We can't wait, the Marines will be here before you know it," green hair said, as one of the marines rounded the corner.

"The Marines are here already. You're under arrest." Everyone couldn't help but laugh at his haircut. "I won't let you make a joke of me! I'm taking you in and handing you over to my father. I'll be the hero. I might even get a medal, or something."

The man was met with a punch to the face from someone who Blade didn't expect, Luffy's friend from earlier.

"Koby?" Luffy said, running over.

"God, that hurt!" Koby exclaimed, looking down at his fist, "It also felt really good, too."

"No time to explain, but we gotta go. This whole island is trying to kill us."

"I'm not coming with you."

"You sure?"

"Before we met, every choice was made for me. But now I'm gonna do what I wanna do. I'm gonna be a Marine. I wanna help people that can't help themselves. Next time we meet, we might be enemies."

"But for now, we're friends."

King helped to put the boat away from the dock and the strange group of four sailed away from the island. Blade sat down, feeling three pairs of eyes staring at her.