Chapter 19

- Guess who?

-Now there is a voice I haven't heard in a while...

-Missed me Rocker guy? – Ok, so my Mark-free life wasn't a successful plan. But I was able to go 3 months without talking to him. You can call that progress...right?

-Of course I did

-How is life in England?

-Fun...but I am actually in Italy right now – And I blamed the Grappa for this conversation actually happening.

-Italy? Nice...

-Yes very romantic...

-Are you alone?

-Are you jealous? – I was getting meaner and meaner as time went by.

-I won't be if you are alone

- Yes I am alone...I am leaving a peaceful drunk drama free life – And by that I meant I was still obsessing about him too much to be able to meet someone new.

-Good...Are you drunk?

-Maybe...- Yes

-I can never tell...

-Me neither...

-Hahaha you are so great...I miss you

-Oh yeah! That's why I called! I miss you...

-So what are you doing, right at this moment?

-Right at this moment I am sitting outside this really nice café, on a very cute narrow street...

-Sounds great...

-Honestly, I feel like I am sitting on the set of La dolce vitta...

-Your favorite movie, right?

-Yes...you remember...

-I do...

-Almost all of Rome reminds me of La Dolce Vitta

-Perfect...

-Almost perfect...

-What do you mean?

-You know how they say it's not about the jorney, is about who you get to share it with?

-Yes...

-Whoever "they" are the motherfuckers are right...- And it's not hard to guess who I wanted to share it with...

-Are you trying to say you wish I was there?

-You...someone...you know..

-OK...I'm going to take that as a yes and feel flattered...

-Whatever

-Ok I gotta go...International call – Not really. I just didn't want to get into any kind of lovey dovey converstion. It was hard enough as it was.

-Ok...Enjoy your trip

-Thanks..

-I miss you...

-...

I heard him. And didn't answer on purpose. As I said, hard enough as it was. I did not need any more reasons to think about him. Not that I had any choice. Yes. I wish he was there. There is nothing else I wished for more than that.

But then 3 weeks later...on a drunken night out...

*Message from Laura* - Even on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean I can't get you out of my head...No matter how hard I try.

*Message from Mark* - Don't. Keep me in there.