Chapter- 2

"Kartien and Yahir"

Kayden spoke Yahir's name with a bit of pause. He looked like he wanted to say something but can't say it.

"Let's check that disciple of yours"

Kartien said pulling away Kayden's attention which was on Yahir. Kayden nodded and lead them in. Inside the ward a boy who was still a minor was sitting.

He has light chestnut shade hair and eyes. He was such a cute and bright kid. But his whole body was bandged. The place it was not bandaged it was either bruised to had a lot of cuts.

"O-Oh dear"

Yahir spoke unconsciously. Even though he has seen worse he doesn't want to see a literal kid in such a state. Such a shitty place awakened world was.

Jiwoo noticed the two new people coming in with Kayden.

"So this is your disciple?"

Kartien asked.

"He looks different from what I imagined. I thought he would be shitty like your personality."

This seemed to have irritated Kayden but he kept his anger in check, not lashing out.

"Isn't that right Yahir?"

"Kartien please stop, we should be focusing on his healing."

Yahir said trying to stop Kartien from evoking Kayden.

"Um"

Jiwoo spoked.

"Kayden who are they?"

He asked.

"Someone I know"

Kayden answered. And within a second Kartien affirmed.

"That discription fits perfectly"

Yahir smiled at this.

'They really are like children'

"And this, um..."

Yahir's smiled immediately fell. Kayden was hesitating about his identity in his life. He pursed his lips.

It's always been like this. Even though they both are married the only one contributing to this relationship is only him.

Kayden never actively acknowledge their relationship. He is hardly even present with him for most of the year. They are just like strangers who are tied together with a legal certificate.

Seeing his hesitation Kartien sighed.

'This bastard'

He cursed.

"He's Yahir, one of the most powerful awakened in the world. Now let's focus on you."

Having said this Kartien used his ability to check Jiwoo's condition. He then listed all the injuries in Jiwoo's body. And how his the core was intentionally destroyed.

"So you want to me to fix his core?"

Kartien asked.

"Yeah"

Then Kartien asked if he hit his head somewhere since fixing a core was never heard of.

Kayden then used his words smartly to challenge Kartien and Kartien agreed. He reminded Kayden not to forget about his promise.

Then Jiwoo asked if he could speak with Kartien alone. Yahir nodded while Kayden reluctantly agreed.