Chapter- 16

On the way Inhyuk got a phone call. He shouted turning the car around and bolting it to the Sinhwa headquarters.

In Jiyeong's office, an elderly man was sitting along with a man close to Yahir's age who was in his early twenties.

They were Veramundt Patrick, one of the top 10 awakener and his grandson Julian Patrick.

They heard the shocking news of Jiyeong's potential marriage with the young man. Hearing this Jiseuk bursted. He started shouting profanities. And in the end he declared that Jiyeong can't marry since she already has a boyfriend.

"This is noona's boyfriend"

Jiseuk said pointing towards Jiwoo.

Jiwoo and Subin gave him a 'the hell are you saying' look. Jiyeong and others also had a similar face. 

Julian quickly put away his surprised face.

"Well, it wouldn't be strange if someone as beautiful as Ms. Yoo had a boyfriend. But it doesn't matter."

He said with a calm face.

"What do you mean by 'it doesn't matter'?"

Jisuk snarked.

"Maybe they are together right now, but in the end, awakeners like us will be partnered with the right person."

Julian's words made Yahir flinch.

He was right. Awakeners will get partnered with the right person according to their power and status. Like him. And the worst part is that they don't have a choice.

When he came of age, his family was really eager to marry him off, regardless of sex or age. They selected a lot of people and in the end Kayden was the one he married.

He was displayed like a commodity, placed on the auction stage and sold to the highest bidder.  

Yahir really hates to be forced like that again. 

And now Jiyeong is also in the same situation. In the same age, or was he younger when he got married?

Yahir wondered. 

She can't directly deny them as they may turn hostile. Leaving her no choice but to cater to their demands. She is forced to kill her wishes for a 'bigger picture'.

"What bullshit are you spouting?"

Jiseuk said, clearly not understanding his words.

"What I mean is that, that kid is no match for your sister. His abilities, background, everything. That's what I mean."

Julian said giving Jiwoo a side eye.

As much true it was Yahir didn't like how Julian looked down on Jiwoo.

"I don't think so"

Kayden who turned into his human form spoke, making everyone stunned.

Everyone present knew the person. Veramundt's voice that spoke Kayden's name driving away any doubts.

"Veramundt, what's your basis in thinking that your grandson is more qualified than my student. Hmm? Tell me?"

Kayden asked making Veramundt surprised.