Chapter- 18

Veramundt then asked Julian to apologize for his rude words. Julian was shocked at first but he did apologized seeing Veramundt's stunned gaze. 

"Oh it's okay! You really don't need to apologize. It's true that I'm lacking, anyways"

Jiwoo fumbled seeing Julian bowing his head in front of him.

'My little cinnamon roll is so innocent'

Yahir sighed at Jiwoo's actions.

"You're lacking?"

Veramundt asked with a surprised face.

"Aiyaa, don't you know what it means to be a student and getting recognized by world's two most strongest awakeners?"

"Sorry?"

Jiwoo was puzzled at Veramundt's question. 

"Hah...so you really don't know anything, do you?"

Veramundt sighed.

"Quit that"

Kayden interjected.

"He maybe my student, but it hasn't been long since he became one. It hasn't been a long time either since he realized that he's an awakener."

Kayden said.

"Is that so?"

Veramundt eyed Jiwoo. 

Seeing this Yahir hid Jiwoo behind him. 

"It's fine Jiwoo, don't be so nervous"

Yahir said soothing Jiwoo's back. Jiwoo nodded leaning a little on Yahir.

Unknown to them Julian was watching Yahir ever since he found out that Yahir was his prospective marriage partner but he got rejected by Yahir. 

He has to admit, Yahir was really beautiful. And his mannerism were great. His aura was soothing but at the same time powerful. Yahir was perfect from every angle. 

He evaluated himself. He wasn't bad either. Many people wanted to suck up to him. He himself is pretty popular in the awakened high society. But to be rejected twice, it was first time for him. 

It made him angry but seeing Yahir he felt that he really needs to be more than what he has now. Compared to Kayden his power is really nothing. But something in him really wanted to pull Yahir to him.  

So impulsively, he proposed a challenge to have a duel with Jiwoo. 

"Hey, what are you planning?"

Kayden asked.

"It's just like what I said. I want a match with your students, sir Kayden."

Hearing this Veramundt started yelling at him. Everyone in the room were shocked at his proposal. But surprised them even more was when Jiwoo accepted the duel. 

"This match will be a lot different from your past battles Jiwoo."

Yijeong said hoping he would withdraw. But Jiwoo didn't budge.

"I know"

He said.

"But it's not different for me. I heard that sir Kayden has never rejected anyone's challenge."

Hearing this Veramundt started laughing loudly. He walked towards Jiwoo and placed his face right before him.

"So you are saying that my grandson challenged you?"

He said threatingly.

"What, that's not-"

Jiwoo was very nervous and sacred as Veramundt placed his pressure on him. 

Yahir shoved Jiwoo behind him.

"So you are saying your grandson asking Jiwoo for a fight is not a challenge? Then what is it? Education exchange program?"

Yahir said. His voice was really cold and indifferent. This made the Jiwoo and others a bit surprised since they had only seen Yahir's kind side and heard his soft tone only.

"And what are you trying to do by putting your pressure on my kid? If you really want to look for a dispute then talk to me, don't try to manipulate Jiwoo's thoughts."

Yahir said releasing his pressure making other's breath hitch since his pressure was really thick. Only Kayden and, Jiwoo who was being protected by Yahir were fine. 

Veramundt was also breathing a little hard.

Even thought Yahir knows the old man won't dare to do something bad in front of Kayden but seeing him trying to pressure Jiwoo, he can't just stand back and watch.