𝟐𝟎𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝟔

𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒

The smell of baby lotion filled his nose as Ethan laid with his head buried inside his pillow. For some reason, his bed felt 10x comfier than it ever did and he was loving it. Sadly, someone was trying to wake him up. He felt two light taps on his back and ignored it trying to fall completely asleep.

Then, the taps got quicker making him groan.

"Daddy, wake up" a small voice whispered making Ethan jump up. He nearly fell off the bed as he hopped up and looked around frantically. "What theeee..." he trailed off seeing a small, doe-eyed boy looking up at him with a small smile.

Ethan stared at the boy and the boy stared right back at him.

The boy had thick, long, and curly hair that was brushed into a messy ponytail, just like Ethan's. He had Ethan's whole face, but Nadia's lips and dark brown skin.

He had on a PJ Masks pajama set on and a gold necklace with the letter N on it that he obviously never took off. "Daddy, we go see uncle deedee" the 2-year-old spoke to the best of his ability. Ethan remained silent, just blinking his eyes.

Nah I been through this. Yo ass ain gone get me again, he thought with his face unknowingly balling up into a mug.

"Daddy, what I do?" The little boy frowned, not liking the mean look Ethan held.

I know bout you nigga. Finna talk to me knowing I'm dead or sum shit, Ethan squinted his eyes and the little boy smacked his teeth. "Fine, I go tell my mommy" he spat before running out of the room.

Ethan stuck his tongue out at the boy and shrugged waiting for the boy to come back with his mom.

"Already know how this shit finna go, you heard. He finna get his mama and she finna be like, who you talking to den jhit ass gone be like mY dAdDy and she gone be like ain nobody there, type shit. Can't fool me—."

"Who you talking to, bae?" Nadia spoke as she walked through the door. Ethan froze and turned to look behind him. Nadia laughed, tilting her head to the side as she looked at him crazy.

He slowly pointed to himself and Nadia nodded her head. "Yes, you. Why you being mean to my baby" she spoke walking up to him. She went around to the side of the bed where he was sitting on the edge and stood between his legs. His hands hesitantly slithered around her waist and he gasped.

Waittttt. Not me being aliiveeeeee. I never wanna wake up na

"Ian know he was.... Mane, I thought this was... man never mind. Where he went?" Ethan rushed out as Nadia stared intensely at his face.

Her face held a look of intense admiration. She loved him, you could see it all over her face. He smiled, cupping her face and placing kisses all over making her laugh.

"Downstairs flipping his life away," Nadia said, pulling away from Ethan's hood to maneuver around the room. He quickly stood up and followed her, not granting her any personal space as she picked up their son's toys and clothes off the floor. Notti wrapped his arms around her and leaned on her back as she did so, she didn't complain or protest.

"Flipping? What?" He questioned making Nadia laugh. "That boy taught himself how to do a backflip and he won't stop. He kept flipping off the stairs and everything. He ain't gone learn till he falls on his face and breaks his nose like you did" Nadia said shaking her head.

"And ima tear this whole house down cause why would the stairs let him fall like dat, the fuck?" He replied sassily and Nadia laughed. "Yeah right" she scoffed.