Unmasking the shadows

Sun rays coming through the truck helped you survey your surroundings. In the dim light, you noticed a dozen other women, all in a vulnerable situation. Among them was the woman you had tried to save. You attempted to rouse the woman beside you, her injuries severe, and her frailty apparent.

"Hey, miss? Wake up. Hello? Please muster some strength and awaken," you implored, your voice tinged with urgency. She stirred slowly and fixed her gaze on you.

"Help me untie this rope, please," you beseeched, turning your back and showing your bound hands. She began to untangle the rope but lacked the strength to complete the task. Another girl beside you offered, "Come here, I'll give it a try. She appears weaker than me." After a strenuous struggle lasting five minutes, she succeeded. You freed your legs and proceeded to assist the others.

"Alright, everyone, I'm a detective, and I'm here to help you all escape from this situation. But I'll need your support; I can't handle this alone. Here's the plan: first, we'll make noise by banging on the doors. They'll eventually stop the vehicle and open the door. As soon as it opens, I'll deliver a high kick to the assailant's face. You all must assist me in the confrontation, and the injured should attempt to escape and hide as quickly as possible. Is everyone on board with this?" you explained.

"There's no point in fighting; they'll only hurt us more," one of them cried.

"Yes, she's right," two others joined in.

"If you don't dare to begin, then you don't dare to succeed. If we don't fight now, they'll sell our bodies and organs. I'd prefer to die now than to have my soul sold," you tried to instill courage in those unfortunate souls.

"Yeah, at least let's try. We all have families waiting for us at home. Let's do it for them," a woman said, wiping her tears away.

"It's now or never. And believe me, bravery never goes out of fashion," you encouraged them with a hopeful smile.

With renewed determination, you all began banging on the doors, creating a deafening noise that drowned out any external sounds. After 15 minutes of relentless pounding, the truck abruptly came to a halt. You all fell silent and stepped back, a tense silence enveloping the area. Someone approached the door and started to open it. You readied yourself in a running stance, prepared to land a high kick on the intruders. As soon as the door opened, you lunged forward. However, when you saw a familiar face, you attempted to halt, but it was too late. You collided with him and both of you fell hard to the ground, his hand tightly gripping your waist. One of your hands rested on his sturdy chest, while the other shielded his head.

In that moment, lost in each other's eyes, a wave of emotions poured from your eyes into his. "I had hope that you would come for me," you whispered, maintaining unbroken eye contact.

"How could I let others steal what's mine?" Jungkook replied, tightening his hold around your waist.