Operation Midnight Mirage

‘Tina?’ The words slipped out of your mouth in shock. Tears streamed down her eyes as she looked at you with guilt and shame. The look on her face left you feeling betrayed.

‘What are you doing here?’ you asked softly, keeping your burning anger under control. She kneeled down in front of you. ‘I am really sorry, detective. I lied to you,’ she confessed. You clenched your fists, gritting your teeth to contain your anger. A fire started forming in your head, bringing tears to your eyes.

‘I-I was threatened by them to give you that file, or else they would post my nudes. I am sorry for deceiving you, unnie,’ she pleaded. Your heart ached for blindly believing her.

‘Who are they?’ you asked, maintaining a low tone.

‘I don’t know. Someone left a file and an envelope with my nudes outside my door. I got a call from a man, and he asked me to lie to you. I was so scared and did what he asked,’ she replied.

‘I know who he is,’ Yoongi said. ‘Who do you think wants to divert your attention to me? Who do you think wants to create misunderstandings in your team so that you can no longer chase him?’ he added.

‘Danny,’ the name left your lips softly. You realized no one else would benefit from this. Your blood level spiked, realizing how you got fooled by him. But what about the picture? Was that picture also a lie? What if everything you are seeing right now is a lie? Who is manipulating you, Yoongi or Danny? Your mind overflowed with thoughts while you stared at the girl kneeled down in front of you.

You bent down to her level and asked, ‘Tina, I want to ask one last question. Were you threatened earlier, or are you being threatened now? Does the man right here threaten you to confess lies?’

‘That man sold my pics to some ugly websites. This oppa’s hackers deleted my pictures from it. He saved me, unnie. I know it’s hard for you to believe me since I lied once, and I am shameful for it,’ she answered.

You decided to believe what she said and got up. Walking over to Yoongi, you took out the picture you had and showed it to him. ‘What about this picture?’

‘Someone is searching for you in the club. Go and ask this directly to him. I think you will believe his words more than mine,’ he replied. You nodded, agreeing that everything this man said would sound like lies to you.

‘One last question, how did you get to know about all this?’ you asked. Everything was secretive; you hadn’t discussed it with anyone, so how did he get all the information?

‘I have my means, detective. My eyes are everywhere in this city, and knowing this was a piece of cake,’ he replied.

‘Well, I want to give you a gift for visiting me. Here, take this,’ Yoongi said, handing you a USB drive. You accepted the small gift that felt precious.

‘Nice meeting you, detective. Hope we never meet again,’ he said, faking politeness.

‘For your disappointment, I will make sure we meet again, but next time I will take you with me, hands cuffed,’ you said, returning the sassiness he had shown you.

‘Is that a challenge for me?’ he smirked.

‘More like a warning,’ you replied.

‘Can’t wait for that moment, Ma’am,’ he said. Correction, he challenged.

You rolled your eyes at him and walked out to find the man who is searching for you.

Taking the heavy steps down, you already knew the person you were going to meet. You found those angry eyes rushing towards you. Jungkook grabbed your wrist and dragged you out. He didn’t stop until he reached the parking lot where your car was parked. You attempted to release his grip on your hand, but he pulled you closer in one swift motion. You collided with his torso, and his hand circled your waist, preventing you from moving away.