Melting into you

Min-Ho was crying his heart out slamming his fist on the ground. ‘I am sorry mom. I ruined everything. I killed you by not being able to save you. I will not leave Gi-chan, I will give him the cruelest death anyone ever had. I will make him suffer ten times more than his friends. I was busy taking revenge for what they did to you 35 years ago and left you alone. I killed everyone except Gi-chan because I though he loved you. It’s all my fault mom, I am so sorry.’ He sobbed and cried until the floor soaked in his tears.

'Enough of the tears, young man. It's time for us to head to prison," you declared, stepping forward and pointing your gun at him. He jerked in shock upon hearing your voice, his wet eyelashes betraying the despair in his gaze. As your eyes met, a surge of sympathy washed over you, witnessing a tormented soul crying for his mother. Looking at him, memories of your own past resurfaced – a twelve-year-old soaked in blood, pleading beside her father's lifeless body, desperately urging him to wake up. Shaking off those haunting recollections, a voice beside you interrupted.

"We apologize for orchestrating this elaborate ruse, but it was necessary to apprehend the culprit. Your mom is safe with us. Your quest for revenge is over; now, come with us," Jungkook said in a calm and deep voice. Min-Ho hurriedly approached the hanging figure, seeking confirmation of Jungkook's words.

"It's just a mannequin, young man," Jimin clarified. The three of you formed a protective triangle around him, guns pointed in unison.

"Please don't arrest me. I need to confront Gi-chan. After that, I will surrender myself, but not now. I am begging you," Min-Ho pleaded.

"Gi-chan has done nothing but love your mom. He is not at fault. Your quest for revenge is already concluded, Min-Ho," you reassured.
‘No, it’s not over. 35 years ago, they molested and tortured my mom. They tried to gang rape my mom, while escaping them she met with an accident and lost her sanity. People like them don’t deserve to live. They need to die and I will kill them with my own hands.’ He said fuming in anger.
"I am sorry for what happened to your mom. You've already sought revenge for her. Now it's time for you to face the consequences of your actions. Gi-chan never harmed your mother," you replied.

"How do you know? Do you believe that man's words?" he asked.

Flashback

~ Few hours ago ~

"Her last drawing is of the high school, and she depicted it like a haunted house. According to my friend, things must have happened there," you explained.

"This is Min-ah's diary from before her accident. She mentioned she had to attend a high school union party where all her friends would be. The party is held at a restaurant near their high school. Min-Ah met with an accident nearby the high school. So, if something happened that day, it must have occurred near the school or in the school," Jungkook pointed out, expressing his opinion as he examined the clues.

"Hyung!! Look at this," Taehyung exclaimed, showing the last page of the diary where "SAVE GI-CHAN" was written in bold.

"Save Gi-chan! Why did Min-ah write it?" Jimin asked.
"Maybe Gi-chan is not the culprit, and Min-ah knows it," Taehyung suggested.

"We can't confirm it like that. Let's write three letters to our suspects. We will kidnap Min-Ah and ask them to come to the scene of the crime. Taehyung will keep an eye on all of them. If we are correct, then one of them will show up at the school," you conveyed your plan.

"That's smart of you, girl," Jimin complimented.
"Okay! Let's get to work," Jungkook ordered.

Flashback ends

"I know because your mom conveyed it. She clearly wrote 'save Gi-Chan' in her diary, and it got confirmed when he didn't show up here because he was never aware of what happened with your mom. We sent the same letter to Gi-chan and Han-bin (restaurant ahjushi); both of them didn't show up because they had no idea of the venue. They are searching for your mom all over the village," Jungkook explained.