The Night We Shared

You arrived at a luxurious villa with Jungsuk, taking in the mesmerizing beauty of your surroundings

You arrived at a luxurious villa with Jungsuk, taking in the mesmerizing beauty of your surroundings. The sheer attractiveness of the concrete astonished you, coming from a middle-class farming background where opulence was a distant concept. While you usually preferred a cozy environment over a large empty room, this house exceeded your wildest imagination. A thought crossed your mind, 'Can a painter be this rich?'-a question answered when Jungsuk revealed that his father was a businessman.

Upon entering the lobby, Jungsuk gestured for you to sit down. "Is this your home?" you inquired.

"Yes, my queen," he replied.

Confused, you questioned, "And why are we here?"

"Sugar was missing you, and I also wanted to show you my paintings. Would you like to see them?" he asked.

"Oh, I miss Sugar baby too, and yes, I would love to see your paintings. Recently, I realized that art conveys more than words can," you replied with excitement. Jungsuk smiled, captivated by your curiosity. He approached, gently taking your hand and intertwining it with his.

"Come with me," he said, leading you to an inbuilt elevator that transported you to the 4th floor. The dimly lit floor featured only one room at the end of the hallway, its door adorned with detailed carvings, providing an aesthetic touch. Jungsuk opened the door wide, revealing a vast room filled with paintings.

"You are the first one to look at these paintings. No one's allowed to come into this room. I made these paintings for myself, or more like to ease my inner self. I paint whenever I am angry, sad, alone, or scared," he shared while you admired the painting in front of you.

"Scared?" you turned your gaze toward him, unable to fathom what could make a 1.86m muscular man scared.

"Abandonment. I am scared of being left alone. I grew up in an orphanage. When I was 9 years old, my foster parents adopted me. She came into my life as a goddess. She loved me more than everything, but I lost her to cancer when I was 18," he revealed. Your heart melted upon hearing his story, as you understood the pain of losing a parent. You gently patted his head.