Falling for you

"What exactly happened? How did we miss it?" Namjoon asked.

"Did you see his face?" Jin inquired.

"He was covered with a mask and a cap. I wasn't able to see anything. I was trying to shoot him, but the gun was already empty. Before I could replace the magazine, he got hold of me. I'm really sorry; we lost him because of me," you answered apologetically.

"We don't blame each other for losing. It's a defeat for all of us, and we are all equally responsible," Hoseok said.

"There is one thing that doesn't make sense to me. None of them tried to attack you or hurt you. Why? I saw the man had a gun, but he still ran away without shooting you, while they were shooting us mercilessly," Jimin questioned.

"Y/N, did you get a chance to talk to him? What did he say?" Jungkook inquired.

"He... He said, 'Let's meet again,' and then he left," you stuttered while speaking. You didn't want to tell them that he treated you very differently, calling you "baby" and kissing your temple. You had a strong feeling that you had met him before.

"He knows that we are behind him. Let's take break from this operation for some time. He is more powerful than we assumed, and it's dangerous to continue now," Jin suggested.

"What? No, we have to get him fast," Jungkook insisted.

"I agree with Jin's point. We should take a break from this. We have another case to solve, which was assigned to us yesterday. There is a serial killer in an Andong village. Four people in their 60s to 70s were murdered in the same way. People are terrified. We need to solve this soon. Since there are no CCTV cameras in the village, it is more difficult to investigate, and that's why this was assigned to us," Namjoon explained.

"Jungkook, Jimin, Taehyung, and Y/N will go to that village. Y'all will have to stay there until the issue is resolved. Hoseok, Joon, and I will stay here and help you all. The doctors said the culprit has a high chance of being a psycho. I talked to the Village head; he will make arrangements for you all," Jin explained the plan.

"Pack your bags; you all will leave tomorrow morning," Joon ordered.

All of you discussed the case a little more before leaving for lunch.

The next evening in the village:

It was a small underdeveloped village, but it was the most beautiful village you had ever seen. Greenery covered the village like a soft blanket. The river, bridge, and mountains were straight out of an anime movie.

The village head came and greeted all of you with his 19-year-old son

The village head came and greeted all of you with his 19-year-old son. He showed you the place where you would be staying for the next six days or maybe a few weeks. It was a traditional Korean house called 'Chosun.' There were two big rooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom. It wasn't too spacious, but you liked the coziness of it.