A Step Closer To You

"The real company stocks are hitting rock bottom. They have lost more than we predicted," Jungkook announced.

"All thanks to our champ Y/N," Hobi stated.

"You are a great asset to our team, Y/N. I was a little hesitant to bring you onto the team, but you proved yourself. You are no less than a man," Namjoon praised you.

"Thanks to all of you for believing in me," you expressed your gratitude.

"Before Danny can recover from this damage, we need to make another move. This time we have to reveal his face," Jungkook suggested, getting up from his chair and moving towards the whiteboard.

"Operation Unveiling the Evil," he wrote on the whiteboard. For about an hour, he explained the plan and assigned tasks to all of you.

"Guys, it's time to straighten our backs and get to work," Jin announced, leaving the room with Namjoon and Hobi.

"I hate Mondays," Jimin whined and went back to his seat along with Taehyung. Looking at you lost in thoughts, Jungkook asked, "What are you waiting for? My kiss?" His voice jerked you out of your thoughts. "Never in my wildest dream," you huffed and left the room. Jungkook smiled and bit his lower lip to control it, his dimples shining proudly on his face.

After working for hours, you saw Namjoon leaving his cabin to have lunch. It's a tradition for all of you to eat lunch together. According to Hobi, Jungkook often used to overwork and skip meals, so Jin came up with this rule to strengthen their friendship and take care of the members.

"You are not the only one getting paid. Let's go," Jimin taunted, looking at you still working.

"You guys go ahead. I will follow you," you replied. Everyone had already left except you, Jimin, and Tae.

"Namjoon Hyung never gives promotions for working hard, Y/N. He prefers smart work," Taehyung said, patting your shoulder to get you to stand up.

"Just 10 more minutes. I'll be there. Tae, order cheese kimbap for me," you requested, not moving your eyes an inch from the system.

"Okay, come fast," Tae replied and left with Jimin. You observed the empty office room. There were no cameras in the office; they were never needed. Namjoon's cabin was beside your desk. From your desk, you could clearly see the entire room.

 From your desk, you could clearly see the entire room

You got up from your seat and sneaked into Namjoon's. "Shit! He has a different password," you huffed, finding yourself unable to crack Namjoon's system password. All systems in the office had the same password, so you assumed it would be the same with Namjoon's system.

"Where is Y/N?" Jungkook asked Jimin, who entered the restaurant with Tae. The restaurant where you all regularly eat is just 100 meters from your office.

‘She is working very hard to impress you; she is skipping lun-‘ before Jimin could finish the sentence, Jungkook was out the door.

‘Yah! Why did you lie?’ Tae slapped Jimin’s shoulder.