The web of clues

You and Jimin visited one of the victim's houses, while Jungkook and Taehyung checked on the others. You arrived at a small house constructed from dried mud, rough stones, and wood. In the courtyard, you found an elderly lady drying kimchi.

"Anyonghaseyo, Grandma," you greeted.

She stared at both of you for about five seconds before recognizing you and said, "Ahhh, detective-nim, come... come sit here."

You both sat down on the platform. Jimin asked, "We are here to ask a few questions about your husband Nam-suk's death. Are you comfortable answering?"

"Yes, feel free to ask," she replied. You inquired, "Can you explain to us what exactly happened? How did he die?"

"It was a month ago. He went to play cards with his other friends. I was at home preparing dinner. It was 8 PM, but he didn't return. So, I went to his friend Gi-chun's house. He said my husband left early, saying he had some personal work. I waited for him until 10 PM, but he didn't come. Then I went to the police station and complained. They found him dead in the woods the next morning," she explained.

Jimin questioned, "Who are his friends? Could you please name the person closest to him?"

"Gi-Chun, Han-Joon, Bo-shik are his three friends. Only Gi-chun is alive, the other two were murdered. The murders started with my husband. I don't know what kind of grudge the murderer had against those old men," she spoke, sobbing.

"Granny, we are sorry for making you recall the painful past. We don't want more people to die. I will catch the culprit and make him pay for his sins," you assured her.

Jimin asked, "Do you suspect anyone?"

"No, I don't suspect anyone. Everyone in this village lives like a family," she replied.

"On the day of the murder, how was he? Did you notice anything different?" you queried.

"No, he was normal. I didn't see any change," she replied.

"Okay, Granny, we'll get going then. We can come to ask more questions, right?" Jimin said.

"Yeah, you can come. My door is always open for a handsome kid like you. Take this kimchi with you," she said, handing over a box of dried kimchi to Jimin. You both bowed to her and left.

"Granny has great taste in men, don't you think so?" he asked, smirking.

"She didn't wear her glasses; don't overthink it, mochi," you teased him.

"You little piece of kimchi, you are blinded by love to recognize the real charm," he replied.

"I don't love him, I can't love him," you retorted.

"Him? Who is him? I didn't say any name?" he asked.

You realized your mistake and thought, "Shit! What the hell was I thinking? Damn, did I get caught?" Aloud, you replied, "Huh? I was just saying I don't love anyone."

"I know what you meant by 'him.' Can I give you a small piece of advice?" he asked, and you nodded in agreement.

"Don't overthink about everything. Sometimes, you should give your heart a chance. Being too practical hurts more than being delusional. Let your heart make the choice, and even if it goes wrong, your heart will pay the price. But if you listen to your brain and it goes wrong, then both your brain and heart will pay the price, making you vulnerable," he explained as you headed to another victim's house. You listened to him like an obedient kid and replied, "I will keep that in mind. Thank you."

Tea and Kook at another victim’s house:

"That old man had many enemies. He was never good to anyone. He used to nag at everyone. Someone might have killed him for that," a man in his 30s shouted.