Poop

I heard Uni get up to go to the bathroom at night. I knew she wouldn't be able to find the toilet in the dark because there wasn't one in the daylight either. The bailiffs wrenched it out when they came so it was just a hole at foot level now.

"Uni? The toilet doesn't work properly!" I called just as I heard a scream and a thump. 

I ran to help her. She was crying on the floor, her bottom on top of the dirty hole, her hand brown up to the elbow.

"Ugh! What were you doing with your hand down the toilet? What is wrong with you?!" I jerked her to her feet by her clean arm and picked up the shower head she'd dropped on the floor.

"I'm sorryyy. I was just... I slipped and fell." She stuttered, flinching as the cold water hit her poopy arm. I went on hosing her down. She was soaking wet by the time i was done washing her. I made her scrub her hands clean with my special Lifebuoy soap. They were rubbed raw by the time I allowed her to stop.

When she was all clean and spread on the two chairs I put together to make her a bed, she started crying again. 

"What's wrong?" I put her head on my lap and started playing with it like the some of my classmates played with mine back when I still went to school. It was incredibly relaxing. 

Uni didn't seem at all relaxed, howling and snotty, crying something about her bum.

"It's ok Uni. It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does. It's gay and gay is wrong and I'm gay."

I felt like I was back in the bathroom again — and the cold water was running over me.