Sex for Money

"So what you're telling me is... you want me to give one of MY apartments to a homeless slut to live in for free?!" The landlord sputtered, glaring at me. He had no eyebrows so it was hard to tell if he really was glaring or had an eye problem. 

"... Yes? I'll pay for her of course. I'll get another job or-"

"Don't be silly you get fired from your jobs quicker than I do. I'm still waiting for my money from all the way back in May!" He snapped, his fat throat bulging like a frog's. 

"Please! She needs somewhere to stay!"

"And why do you care? Who is she to you?" He looked suspicious, knowing.

"A very important friend." 

"I have friends who are important to me... I know what it's like to want to see them happy. I want to see you happy... so I'll let her stay in the micro apartment. On one condition..."

I was excited but apprehensive. What could he possibly want?

"You'll help me right?" 

"Sure!"

"Ok I need you to turn around sweetheart."

"What? Why?"

"For what you're about to help me with."

I turned around, facing the sour milk white wall.

"Ok put your hands on the wall."

I put them their slowly, still not getting what he was getting at.

Then I felt his fat ugly fingers prodding at my back, pushing me harder against the wall.

He never wiped after he went to the bathroom, I knew that.

"I love you, Ree. You're so ... bright faced. And delicate. And young." He breathed faster and panted between words. His dirty hands dabbed at my shoulders and down my back and to my stomach. Then he stopped. Waiting.

"Ree when are you gonna say it back? We've been seeing each other for a full two years now."

He meant something much cruder by 'seeing' each other.

"Soon. Bruce Willis is nearly 40." I said sarcastically.

This just earned me a sharp slap. The pain after was much worse even though i braced myself. Some of the blood leaked down to my socks.

"How much would you rate yourself?" He whispered disgustingly. His lips were chapped and scratchy. 

"$50?" As easily as recalling the alphabet.

He laughed in my face.

"You think this pathetic pillow princess poopishness is worth fifty banknotes out of my hand earned money?" 

"Well when you put it like that..." I sighed and asked what more he wanted for the fifty. When he told me I nearly slapped him. The thought made the drum in my head thump painfully, sending needles into my skull with every hit. I shuts my eyes and tried to calm the feeling of nausea that's coming and going viciously. It wasn't that bad. 

Pretend it's a nightmare, Pretend it's a nightmare...

"You've earned yourself a hundred. I'll add it to what you owe me and it's plenty for Miss Homeless to stay here in her own apartment. Congratulations Ree. That young lady is very lucky to have you." 

I was so happy I nearly kissed him, but then I remembered he didn't ever brush his teeth in the morning.