Unity

"You want me to come and get you? After you walked out on me and were planning to leave the country??"

"Yes? I just need you to come get my car. I did a lot for you Issa. You don't even know how much."

"Ok ok, quit victimizing yourself. I'll come." She came twenty minutes later. She got to drive my car as well as me. Winnie kept asking questions in the awkward silence like why was I in prison and was it for murder.

"Don't be silly Win-Win. Ree was just there to fill in some paper work for her new job."

I nearly facepalmed. How stupid ...

"So she's gonna work in a prison?" Winnie asked, shocked. Then she smiled.

"My friend Unity said her dad was a prison man!" 

"Your friend who?" I asked urgently.

"Unity. I saw her last night. She was sitting on the stairs in front of your door ReeRee."

My blood ran cold.

"W-what did she look like?"

"She looked a bit like you, but she was really pretty... Not that you ain't pretty but you know."

I nodded, feeling sick, but excited. Maybe she was alive after all?

"Next time, could you ask her to come in?"

'Don't be silly babe! A strange child we barely know?!" Issa scoffed, starting to speed up.

"It's still my apartment last time I checked. I got one for you. You can move out and in tomorrow."

"REALLY? OH BABY THANK YOU!" The car swerved as she kissed me, her lips hot and tangy.

"CAREFUL! Watch the road!" I snapped, swatting her away vehemently. She carried on kissing me, while Winnie made disgusted noises in the back. 

A car beeped its horn, making her clutch the steering wheel with both hands.

"Issa pull over."

"What? No. We're almost home. I'm almost home. Hear that Win? Your old mom finally won in life. We're gonna have a proper home of our own at last, with all the good things." Issa was grinning widely, her eyes bright. I almost told her the truth then.

But before I could the car screeched off the road.