1. A Part Where They Have Their First Conversation

Maira was dressed in a light pink gown, her hair was tied up in a party low bun. She sat on a chair in front of her dressing table. Her mom and dad stood behind her. But her big brown eyes were smudged of kajal because of her tears.

Everyone says that she had everything she wished for. A perfect life with reputed parents. Slowly things started to bother her. And interfered with her dreams. She wanted to become an artist. But being the younger daughter of two famous doctors of Delhi, becoming an artist is something similar to taboo. She was born to become a doctor. And was forced to play with plastic stethoscopes and syringes when she was a toddler.

A few minutes ago she was happy as it was her birthday and her parents had thrown a party for her. She turned eighteen on that day and had a small surprise for her parents-her admission approval to the Art college. But when her family surprised her with an admission letter to medical college, she couldn't bear the agony of seeing her dream crumble into pieces.

"Stop it, Maira!" Tashi Desai preached to her daughter. Maira sniffled, staring at her mother's reflection in the mirror.

"My girl, you will live a reputed life!" Moksh Desai mentioned, softly. "If you will become a doctor like your brother." She intermittently glanced at her father and mother. They never understood her.

"I didn't want it but!" Maira implored, wiping her tears.

"Stop creating a scene. Everyone is downstairs to celebrate your birthday and to congratulate your admission to the medical college. You are gonna be a doctor like us." Then she caught her husband's hand and pulled him out. "Come downstairs in ten minutes, Maira!" Her mother ordered before walking out. She gave a final glance at her Art college admission letter and put it inside her drawer. There is no way for her to live her life with her dream in this generation.

After a few minutes, Rithwik stood in front of her room with a guest Maira hated the most. It was none other than Abeer Arora.

"Kiddo!" Rithwik voice. He is mean too she thought. "Look there is someone to meet you."

"I don't care about anyone. Not even your friends. Tell them to have cake and leave."

"Ouch!" Abeer spoke in a soft and pleasant tone. There was a trace of mocking too. "I feel insulted!" There was a strange enthusiasm in his voice that attracted Maira's core.

"Sorry dude, she is like an angry bird today," Rithwik apologized on behalf of her.

A small smile formed on Abeer's lips, "If the birthday girl is angry, should we tell the guest to leave with their gifts?" Abeer stared at her puffed eyes through the mirror. Abeer was the only best friend of her brother, Rithwik, whom he trusted to let in their mansion and even speak with Maira.

Now and then they used to make tiny encounters. Maira has despised Abeer since her sophomore year. It's because he was smart, intelligent, and talented. They used his prototype to motivate her. Unlike Maria's family, Abeer's family has no doctor. He did hard work to claim a seat in the medical university without anyone's support. So they always bullied Maira to get inspired by Rithwik's best friend.

Maira scowled at Abeer's reflection in the mirror in front of her.

"Rithwik!"

"Coming, Mom!" Rithwik responded to his mother's call-out. Then he muttered, "All the best!" in Abeer's ear before walking out and leaving him for the first time alone with his little sister. Rithwik bribed Abeer to convince his sister by offering the notes from the last orthopedic class. Unfortunately, he couldn't attend the last class of Dr. Sandeep as he had to take his grandfather to a neurologist for his hemiplegia.