9. First Night of Wedding-1

The song I tagged to this chapter will suit perfectly to Abeer and Maira.

Especially the line: pehli mohabbat ka ehsaas hai tu. Bhuj ke bhuj na paye wo pyass hai tu.

And even:

Adayein bhi hain mohabbat bhi hai
Sharafat bhi hain mere mehboob mein
Woh deewanapan, woh zaalim adaa
Shararat bhi hai mere mehboob mein

MAIRA:

Till the evening arrived, the thunders increased both in number and volume. We had dinner together. It was seven when Abeer announced our departure to everyone.

"But why Abeer, it's gonna rain and it's better if you stay for tonight and leave to Delhi morning with us," my dad protested. And sounded worried too except my mother. She was in her own world.

"I understand your concern, uncle. But I have an surgery to attend in the morning."

My Dad patted his shoulder and expressed with happiness, "That's the reason, I always admired you." Then he stared at me and teased by leaning towards me, "You never liked me praising him, isn't it?" I grinned at him. Everyone are in misunderstanding that I have crush on my brother's bestfriend that's why his name had come in my head when my family was finding a solution to my wedding 's problem.

And it's all because of my dear Krithika bhabhi. She spread a news that I had silent crush on him. I was annoyed with her and decide to give a Lil bit of cold shoulder to her.

But the tears in her eyes were geniune when I went to hug her and exchanged my farewell. "I will be visiting you." She assured me. It's only been two years since she got married to my brother but our bond was so strong as if we knew eachother since decades.

I hugged Krish and our other friends, who came to attend the wedding and they silently teased me that I might had a strong longing for Abeer that's why fate brought us together.

Last I went to my granny. I knelt in front of her, Abeer knelt too. I placed a kiss on the back of her hand and a tear escaped out of my eyes. That was when I realised that I got married and I no more belong to my parent's house. I cried more and suddenly felt Abeer's arm to wound around my shoulder and cherish my arm.

"I will miss you, Granny." Though her face held a bright smile, her eyes were teary.

When I stood up, Abeer intertwined his fingers with mine. I felt a strange feeling in my heart but I pushed it aside.

Rithwik stood near Abeer's car. Firstly he opened door for me and made me sit on the passanger seat. Then he hugged Abeer and whispered something in his ear. Abeer nodded his head. Then he sat on the driver's seat and started the car.

The first 15-20 minutes of ride was in awkward silence. But. Whenever I heard the thunder rambling, I cursed Abeer.

"Were you that desparate to marry me?" I shivered with his sudden voice. But I decided to do one thing.

I ignored.

"350 miles more and we will reach home."

I ignored.

"Do you want to eat anything?"

I ignored.

I heard him sighing, "Maira. We can't stay silent, journey is long and-"

"Was it needed to travel now. It's rambling and even raining."

"I am sorry, my dear wife." He spoke and I heard smile in his voice. I spun my head and glared at him. "What. Aren't we married?" He teased me.