7. Abeer plots to cancel her wedding

"And why are you here, Dr. Abeer?" I probed nonchalantly as if his voice and his presence was not freezing my intestines. Or altering the beat of my heart. Even after 6 years I have his same effect on me.

But. I am 25 already not that 18 year old stupid Maira to go behind this man with a beseech to love me back.

Uff! Those hurtful memories. He literally made me beg for his love. And I did beg him to love me but he decided to break my heart. He never loved me. I was too foolish to misapprehend the things.

Cigarette helped me to stop crying thats why I started smoking.

"To try my least for reminding you who was I to you?"

Ignoring his words, I positioned the cigarate between my lips.

"Maybe a gust of wind who once swept the hair from my shoulder."

"Or the man," he pulled the cigarette from my mouth and crumbled it. "Who gave the goosebumps to your neck hair."

Shaking my head, I chuckled, "They were men many who gave me that. Even in the darkness which I lost the count." I lied cause no one has born to alter the beat of my heart unlike him. Neither did I sleep with anyone as I imagined my nights to be with him. There was a stupid confidence in my heart, a strengthful nerve which screamed that Abeer will come for me. Now that he is here, I want to go against fate and destiny. I took another cigarette and lit it.

"How many Maira?" He demanded and stood in front of me.

"Not that it's any of your business, Dr. Abeer. You may leave Dr. Abeer." He stood staring at me but I stared at the dark sky, taking a puff and releasing the smoke.

"Why are you marrying him?"

I stared at the sky, my campanion. "Isn't his status obvious , to answer your question."

"Maira, he touched you inappropriately." How did he saw it but not my family. How can he understand me better than them.

"He even fucks the one he lays his eyes on and I will be his new prey. My parents and knew it and still I am wearing his engagement ring and in a week I will be his bride." Tear pricked the back of my eyes. I tilted my head away from him and turned around. I don't want to be called as a weak person. I discarded the cigarette on the ash tray.

"Leave!" I demanded as a tears escaped my eyes. "I said leave! Fine, I will leave." I informed, turned around, and walked past him.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me close. The sudden contact sent multiple chills along my spine. But I pushed him and screamed "Don't you know that you shouldn't touch an unknown woman."

He touched my cheek, "You are in hurt, Maira."

No. He can't start this again. I am happy with whatever hurt I am passing through but I don't want him to pass through my heart and read it.

"Stop showing your care. I have gone through your stupid drama do not drag me in it again–" And I showed my hand, "–I belong to someone else now."

He took a step near me, grabbed my shoulders, and gazed directly into my eyes, "You are not gonna belong to anyone but me. Get it." He left me and walked away. While I stood confused watching his back.

What is happening? He just came back in my life out of nowhere and asserted me to be his.

I will die or marry Yakshit. But I am not gonna marry him.

I stomped my legs in frustration, and walked inside the mansion from the same door. Krithika appeared out of nowhere and stood in front of me with concern in her eyes. We were still in the garden and no one were around us.