17. Glimpse of Past

Maira:

When I entered our room, Abeer stood against the window aisle. A big smile plastered on his face.

I was drenched and dried with milk, he threw on me an hour ago.

I snorted my nares and moved to the wardrobe.

"Gussa ho, Babu?" He asked.

I ignored and quirk my lips, ignoring him. "Babu, suno na!" He called again.

He made my fun in front of all. "I deserve a punishment." He muttered now against my ear, from behind.

Instantly I whirled and pushed him. "Nazdik bhi math ana mere!" I demanded. Yet he took a step near me. "Abeer, tumne kal se mera mazak bana diya sab ke samne."

"Sorry!" He mumbled, catching his ears.

"Nahi milegi maafi!" I announced, feeling furious. I whirled back and searched for something in my wardrobe, of which I had no idea.

"Babu!" A knot formed in my stomach. I love the way his throat articulates it.

I spun again and this time he pulled me close against him and lifted me off the ground. I hit on his chest, to let me go. But he took us to the bathroom and made me stand under the shower.

He turned the shower faucet on and I was now drenched under the water too.

"I know you are angry but all I am doing to make you feel good."

"Oh! By insulting me."

"No one laughed on you Maira, they just enjoyed the things," I didn't argue as I interpreted them to sound realistic. "The circumstances of our wedding were different. But if we reveal that our bond is strong it will only make them happy."

I bite my lip. "Lekin ab bas!" I hit on his chest, "ab mera mazak banana bandh Karo tum."

"I will!" He said, tugging my hair behind my ear. I dunno how he changes his mood from funny to romantic.

"Now, get out, I will take bath."

Smirking mischievously at me, he loomed over me and placed his hand on the wall. "Madad kardu kya tumhari?" He asked.

"Muh todun kya tumhara?" I asked instead with sweetness lacing in my voice.

"Itni mehnat kyun Babu?"

"Then," placing my hands on his chest, "Niklo yahan se!"

"Ok. I am leaving, and don't think, that I am scared of you. I don't want we to get late for the party."

"Acha. Aisa kya. Darpok!" I laughed at him. He whirled and walked out.

I took bath and used hair dryer to dry my medium size burgundy hair. While I was curling it, Abeer kept on staring at me.

"Kyun thad rahe ho!"

"Itni miti biwi hai meri, bas usi ko dekh raha hun."

We received a knock on the door. Abeer went to open it. "Aunt Devina asked me to help Maira to get dressed," I heard Saanvi's voice.

Thaki tum mere husband ko Dil khol kar thad Sako.

"Actually, Abeer is helping me, Saanvi,' I informed her approaching them.

She was dressed in a dark blue evening gown. "Oh!" She exclaimed, intermittently glancing at us. I was only in a bathrobe, while Abeer was in a under shirt of his tuxedo and formal pants.

"But–" she was about to protest but I interrupted her, "–Thank you!" I added and slammed the door shut on her face.

When I stared back at Abeer he looked confused at me. "Maira, that was not the way you treat  others."