16. Entry of Third Wheel

Maira:

A part from surprise I could see the spark of jealousy in the new guest's pair of eyes. "Saanvi!" Abeer muttered.

Who could she be: His cousin? Or some past which I didn't come across?

Mom and Misha di appeared behind her with shopping bags.

"Saanvi, you should have knocked the door. Abeer is a married man now," Misha di scolded her. She snorted her nares and lowered her gaze.

Meanwhile, Abeer searched for something to wrap around his torso. When he saw my saree he wrapped around it.

"Oyee!" I pulled it back. Misha di stepped inside and threw a shirt from bed to his side.

She laughed when he ran inside the bathroom with his shirt covering his chest. I was only in blouse and petticoat. I stood up and bit my lip.

"We will stand out," Mom announced and closed the door. Instantly,  I wrapped my saree and secured the pallu on my left shoulder with a pin.

"Maira,' I heard Abeer's voice from bathroom. "Can you give me some fresh pair of clothes?" He asked. I opened the wardrobe and took out a button-up and a pair of slacks for him. I pulled open the bathroom door and handed him.

Then I opened the room door and let them inside the room.

While placing the bags upon the bed, Misha di teased me,  "I think mom, we should send them to honeymoon soon."

"Misha they are newlywed and it's expected," then she stared back at me and mentioned, "But, next time try to lock the door."

"Ok. Mom."

I shared a look at the new female. Who was only glaring at me. Watching us, Misha di introduced us, "And Maira this is Saanvi, my sister-in-law."

Interrupting her Saanvi mentioned, "I guess, Abeer had shared a lot about me to her."

The way she said, it's confirmed now that Saanvi and Abeer have something. Of which he didn't share me yet. I felt a little pang of heart in my hurt but for now I hided it.

"No." I replied honestly and the arrogant smirk on her changed to frustrated one.

"Maira look," mom called me and held a large light-pink Ball gown. "Do you like it?" She asked with a bit of fear on her face.

I caught the gown and complimented, "it's beautiful, mom."

She realised a long sigh of relaxation, "Thank god. Krithika shared your likes and dislikes to us and based on it, we bought this gown last day. This box is of matching jwellery and shoes." She pointed at other shopping bag.

Abeer stepped out of the bathroom and looked completely red with embarrassment.

"Abeer it's okay, if we saw you nude. Don't embrasse yourself so much." Misha di teased him too.

He glared at her and escaped out of the room. My eyes captured Saanvi's eye movements. She was constantly gazing at my husband without any shame in front of me. I felt like cutting her hair with a scissors.

"Saanvi." I called her, diverting her gaze back to me from my husband. "I thought you came to meet me."

"Yeah...of course..hmm." she stammered but forwarded her hand to me, "Hello, I am Saanvi."

I took her hand and introduced, "Hello. I am Maira."

"Mamma!" I heard the yells of two cutie pies. Then two little twins stepped inside the room, giggling and pushing eachother. I identified them immediately, the curly one Tara and the straight hair girl Veda.