6. A Part where Maira gets engaged

In this chapter the story will skip to 6 years. You all have read till a part where Maira will express her feelings to Abeer. But after that whatever happened between them it will be a mystery. I only presented those chapters cause I wanted to show you all how things shifted between them from being strangers to a thing.

After 6 years:

Maira:

The whole mansion was decorated like a bride with Flowers, chandelier, roses, lilies. People were giggling enjoying their moments with glass of champagne. It's a big day for my parents. No down or negative word should come out of the guests. The arrangements were perfect. And matched to the standards and status of Superindent of Delhi medical college.

I glanced at the man who sat beside me on a groom chair. He was dressed in an elegant onion red tuxedo. There is no doubt about his handsomeness, he is a good looking and have a fair skin. soon-to-be be fiance, Yakshit Khurana stared back at me and smiled. I had to force a smile back at him. It's my engagement tonight with him. Finally the unfortunate day has come and I had to dress in a maroon red lehenga and wear a heavy gold and diamond jewelry and sit like a doll and give fake smiles to everyone.

My parents felt the luckiest person in the world that their daughter is gonna get married to the son of Superindent.

"It's the time you both exchange the rings," pandit who was bribed by my asshole fiance announced.

Now everyone's attention was pulled towards us.

We stood up. My parents on my side and his on his side. A tray of our rings were brought. He grabbed the ring, took hold of my left hand and pushed it inside my ring finger.

"It costs 5 lakh," Yakshit whispered. I smiled like, why don't you stick it inside your ass.

"It's amazing," I found myself replying the otherwise. I was warned to behave like a female belonging to respectful family.

Next I grabbed his ring and lift my eyes.

My jaw dropped as I saw someone behind him. 

I blinked my eyes a couple of times. "Maira,' my mother voiced with a clenched jaw. I stared at her. "Do not pull any act," She whisper-warned me. I stared back at the person, and he was still in the same position. I stood without any emotions on his face that I found difficult to predict what he was feeling, exactly.

Why is he here?

That to after 6 years.

When did he return from US.

Is he gonna stay in India forever or he will go back?

"Sweetheart," I heard Yakshit calling me. "Everyone are watching." Though my eyes were fixed on the man, once I loved crazily, I pushed the ring inside Yakshit's finger, my groom to be.

Soon the room was filled with the voice of claps.

Yet. Our gaze still held with each other. Rithwik approached his best friend, Abeer Arora, who was still staring at me. He really has guts to stand in front of me after what he spat on me 6 years ago.

Steadily he took the steps near me. Little but yes, my heat rate increased. We couldn't stop but stare into his eyes unconcerned about people stares. A small smile tugged on his lip. He changed. His apperance, his face, his form changed. He is not that messy hair nerd but a man with neat hairstyle and broad shoulders.

Lot of emotions took birth in my heart. Euphoria, sadness, anger, hate. I felt everything for him. Though hate is prominent of all, I even felt ecstatic to see him as I never thought, I will ever see him when I slapped on his face 6 years ago and walked away from him.