18. Maira's Heartbreak

Maira: (Present day)

"Tell me one thing, Abeer? Why did you break with me? You behave as if you had thing for me but you clearly stated me to fuck off from your life, 6 years ago."

We stared at each other. He lowered his head, staring at my lap constantly. "I just thought that–" he was cut off by a knock on the door.

"Abeer!" Misha Di voiced from behind the door.

He went to attend the door. Meanwhile, I put on my heels.

I heard Misha di sighing, dramatically and then teasing him, "I thought you both are busy in baby making business."

"Di." I heard Abeer's shy voice and I walked to the door.

When her eyes fell on me she exclaimed with admiration, "oh my God, You look gorgeous Maira." She pushed Abeer away and pulled me in a hug.

"I guess, I am looking magnificent too," Abeer said from beside.

"Of course, my little brother." She said and pulled his cheek.

"Oyee, I am no more little." He argued, cutely.

"Misha di, can you call it again?"

"Little brother.' I giggled watching Abeer's annoyed face. He ignored us and went to grab his suit from the edge of the bed. My eyes sparkled with amazement, when he stood completely dressed in front of me. He looked hot and sexy. They way he combed his hair with his fingers, he appeared cool and handsome.

"Ehem!" I drift my gaze immediately to the floor after I heard Misha Di's voice. "Now that you both are ready, come to the garden, everyone have arrived. Even your family." She added the line, informing me.

"My family.' She nodded. "As if everyone?"

"Yes. Maira."

After she left Abeer approached me and offered his hand.

"Are you happy, Maira?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Why shouldn't I be. I got a very loving family."

"Only family?" He probed with a raised brow.

"Is there anything else I should be happy about?" I inquired, apprehending his intentions.

I am happy that I got this family because of him. But I can't forget or forgive the things, I went through my past because of him.

He shook his head. "Chale?"

I nodded my head and walked alone without his help.

But when we reached to the ground floor, I grabbed my hand around his arm. "Why?"

"I don't want to disappoint your family by showing distance between us."

He stared at me for a moment and then nodded. When we entered in the garden, the voices of claps filled in our ears. There was the shower of rose petals on us and even the path to the stage was decorated with red rose petals. I smiled broadly.

A small stage was decorated for us with a white couch. Abeer lead our way towards it and made me sit upon the couch.

The decoration of garden was simple but colorful with different flowers and illuminated with LED lights hanging on wires of all trees. There were only a few tables placed along the pool with buffet.

Devina mom appeared in front of us. She cupped my cheeks and placed a kiss on my forehead. "You are lucky to have her Abeer."  She expressed and it brought tears in my eyes.

Everyone greeted us and wished us for a happy and successful journey of love and togetherness.  My father was happy but my mother who is more concerned about status behaved little awkward.