15. Maira's Revenge

Maira:

"Maira beta," Ranjan uncle handed me a package.

"Thank you uncle," he wandered leaving us alone.

"What's in it?" I smiled mischievously at Misha di. "Is it for revenge on Abeer?"

"Yes. Just see and enjoy the live show of your brother."

I asked Bhavya aunty to make a glass of juice and then I took that to my room. Expecting Abeer to be in the library I took his one shirt, and sprinkled the itching powder.

Dil mil gaye was my favourite show during my teenage. Once Ridhima played the exact prank with Arman. Now, I will play it with Abeer.

After that I took the juice glass and walked inside the library.

We exchange a glance and I approached him. Standing behind him, I asked, "What are you doing?" He turned the pages of the hefty book he was going through.

"Going through the topic, which I will be operating tomorrow." His eyes were glued to the book. A second later, he stared at me, "Will you visit hospital, tomorrow?"

"Yeah. It's been two weeks, I hadn't been to hospital. So, I will go tomorrow."

A small but happy smile appeared on his face. "Do you remember you wanted to become Anatomy professor?" He asked and I recalled those days.

"I was in love with cadavers back then." I said and we both giggled.

I took a sip of juice from the glass.

"What are you drinking?" He pried with a raised brow. Is he assuming that I am consuming alcohol at this time.

"It's just a juice, if you have a doubt then taste it," I brought the glass intentionally in front of him and tilted it. The juice fell all over his shirt.

"I am so so sorry Abeer." I tried to rub off the juice and spread it further.

"Maira!" He caught my hands. "You are messing it further." He sounded irritated.

"I am sorry, Abeer," I voiced innocently. "I will get you a shirt, don't worry."

"It's sticky. Get it soon!" And he started to unbutton his shirt.

I ran out of his study to our room. Then I grabbed the shirt with sprinkled powder and strolled back. Until I reach he was already out of his shirt. Abs cleaned and shiny.

I grinned and handed him the shirt which is gonna do his beizzati. I should have waited till evening. Maybe it would have been more fun infront of guests. (Beizzati- insult)

I moved back to the kitchen. Devina mom was preparing lunch for everyone. "Sumit and his sister will arrive at three. After they come, we will do the ring ritual of Abeer and you."

"Mom, didn't you miss Abeer all this days?"

"He is so stubborn, Maira. Once he decides anything he claims it. For an instant, I didn't like him leaving us. But it was also important for his career.' I nodded my head. "I used to miss him so much. You didn't know this but before you entered in his life, he had no interest to come back to India. But his opinion changed since the things started to change between you two." Her words pushed me into deep thoughts. But how could I forget the way he broke my heart before he left.

She stared at me. Then tapping my shoulders, "everything will be normal soon." I smiled at her. After a few hours, I helped her to set the table. She doesn't want me to help her but sametime I want to stay with her to enjoy her company.

When Abeer entered dining room, I observed his uncomfortability. He was rubbing his palms on his shirt near elbow, under the arms, on his chest.

Just then I realised why didn't I sprinkled some powder inside his trousers and I imagined how wierd he would have looked when he scratched his pubis in front of all.