4. A Part Where Abeer Gives Cold Shoulder To Her

I hadn't seen Abeer for the past few days. The only text I received after we had the heated conversation was his notes. Those were of physiology. More than the class notes, I found his easy and understanding. But when I text him I never receive a response to it.

I accept that I said too much to him but I didn't want things to end just like that between us. I wanted him to be as before but didn't expect him to avoid me hellish.

As decided he didn't take my class this Saturday. Said that he was busy on that day. And I apprehended that he was no more interested to meet me or see me.

Nothing is easy in this life. And in our story too. And the gross problem is, that he is my brother's BFF.

"Huh!" I sighed, staring blankly at my strawberry milkshake.

"Huh!" Krish mimicked me. I stared at him with the same blank expression. "What has gotten into you, darling?" He inquired scanning my face. I feel more comfortable with Krish when compared to Siya. That's the reason, we hang out more often in Uni while she stays more behind the professor. Aiming their attention and bringing us the gossip of campus.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Even I dunno Krish. But I do not feel livable."

"Oh, my god!" he exclaimed, dramatically. "Boy issues?" He probed without any beat. I nodded. "Who?" 

My eyes turned to my left and right. We were having lunch in the cafeteria. Every table was occupied with the fellows of different years. The whole room was filled with the chatter of them.

"My brother's best friend. I like him. He is concerned about me. But I want him to like me too."

He hummed, taking in the content, and suggested, "Then use the universal formula to jealous men."

"And. What is that?" I raised my brow.

"Fake date someone in front of him. When he sees you with another man he will lose his mind and rest is predicted."

"Who is trustworthy, but? I dunno anyone except you."

"Then fake date with me."

I was busy sipping my strawberry shake, pondering his words when Abeer stepped inside the cafeteria. I was surprised to see him for the first time in the cafeteria.

Once I inquired about it at the time we spoke on chat. And he said that his mom gives him a lunch box every day and he eats his lunch library with books. Abeer is a mama's boy that I figured out within the first week of our chatting. He couldn't stop from admiring his mother. At that time, I realized that my mom never paid me attention as his. I had nothing to say in return to him about my mom. She always kept herself contained in the hospital. While cooking for her daughter was far from impossible.

I stared constantly at him while he ignored me and walked past our table. Another thing that surprised me regarding him was his new Avatar. His hair was no mess but neatly combed. He had no glasses and I assumed he was wearing lenses. He walked to a table beside us, where the group of two girls sat.

"Hey Abeer!" One of them chirped.

"What with a new look, handsome," the Second girl pried.

"Maira. Do you plan to break the glass?" I glowered at my strawberry milkshake glass. 

"That bimboo. He is ignoring me," I muttered, with a clenched jaw.

"Isn't he the topper of his batch?" I nodded. "Shit! I didn't expect him to be smart and handsome." I furrowed my brows and gazed at Krish, "Look at those eyes, Mair. They are fucking alluring."