2. A Part Where Maira And Abeer Have Their First Date

Abeer's voice didn't leave from Maira's head since the night of her birthday. There was some type of adoration in his voice that she couldn't forget.

A week has passed since their last encounter and three days are left for her to join the medical college. Maybe she can come across him in the hallway or corridors of the college. It was Sunday morning and her parents were out of the city because of some educational program in Jaipur. Her mother, father, and brother already began the pressure of achieving good grades as they wanted to keep their reputation intact.

At eleven she walked down to the kitchen to have breakfast in her nightware. Her Granny was making some sweets when Maira hugged her from behind and said, "Good Morning, Granny."

"Wash your hands, breakfast is ready."

"Maira!" Her brother called, stepping inside the kitchen, "This is not a good sign for the medical student. Try waking up early tomorrow."

She yawned and spoke, "Ok, brother."

"Baba, can you please take a cup of coffee and some cookies to the library for Abeer. And yes make extra lunch, he will stay till evening."

Hearing Abeer's name Maira's face glowed like a high voltage bulb and her heart did jingle bell.

She wet her lip and confirmed, "Are you going somewhere brother?" As she saw car key in his hand.

"Yes."

"Oh! I thought I would get to know the syllabus of the first year from you and go through the first chapters. But it's OK, in a few days my college is starting and..."

And as she expected he mentioned, "You can ask Abeer."

"Abeer!" She crinkled her nose with distaste. "I hate that friend of yours."

"Maira. Don't say that again." He warned as he is unknown about her criminal brain. But her Granny contemplated that she was an excellent actor along an artist.

"Ok, then!" she exclaimed with depression. "For now, I will adjust with him."

"But behave, did you get me."

"Ok. Brother."

After the cook, to whom they refer Baba has left the kitchen, Granny turned around and hooked her brow suspiciously at Maira. "What?" Maira probed, acting innocent.

"I smell something fishy, here."

She placed the remaining sandwich on the plate, dusted her hands, and stood up. "I have to take a shower and study!" And. She wandered away.

As she dressed into denim shorts and a pullover, she pondered about Abeer. His likes and dislikes. She recalled something. He didn't praise her for her beauty on her birthday.

She put on lipstick and kajal and peeped at her reflection in the mirror, "Pretty!" She made her way to the ground floor of their mansion.

She walked casually inside the library as if she had no idea about Abeer's presence. She walked through the self of the books. And act to fish a book out.

"Ehem!" She jumped up. Dramatic. And laid her eyes on the boy sitting on an armchair in front of a desk. Something has changed about him since last time. He put on full-frame glasses and looked outstanding. "Dr. Maira. What a pleasant surprise," Abeer poked her with a smile.

"I should say that, Dr. Abeer. Well, I didn't expect to see you today!" She took some random book with the title Ophthalmology and made her way to the same desk he was sitting at. "I thought it would be better if I go through my first-year syllabus."