Vogue

I woke up with a pounding headache and slightly red eyes.
Some would say that it's normal considering the hour I came back home at, but frankly, I'd rather be complaining.

Still feeling exhausted, I leave my room to go downstairs, eager for a cup of water.

But as I go down the stairs, a yelp escapes from my mouth.

My heart jumps in surprise and starts beating fast.

- Jeez, Jake! You scared the shit out of me!

The concerned man looked very unbothered, in his khaki shorts and slightly messy hair.

- How long have you been here? I say as I go down the last stairs.

"I don't know. Time goes by when you do the personality quizzes on those magazines. Apparently, my celebrity husband is Chris Hemsworth!"

He puts down the vogue magazine on the flat table and gets up.

"So how was yesterday? Were you able to take everything with you?" he says in a more serious tone.

- Yeah, we did. 

I head towards the kitchen, running a hand on my face. I quickly grab a glass and fill it with cold water, not meeting Jake's eyes. I chug down the water as I feel it refresh me.

"You look really tired, Beatrice. You sure you don't want to get more sleep? I can leave right now and we'll meet later-"

- No, no. I cut him off. Stay, please. I just had a rough night.

Silence fills the room again. He clears his throat, and in a chipper voice Jake tells me he has a surprise for me.

Grateful for the change of subject, I wait patiently for him to get the so-called surprise from the refrigerator.

 "Tina prepared it, she's just getting ready and will meet us after."

A smile spread across my lips as Jake pours me the delicious looking juice in my cup.

-  Do you have some avocados, by any chance?

"Yeah, over there".

He then proceeds to cut one in pieces, and places them on a plate. I try to help him but he motions to the stool bar. 

I chuckle but take a seat anyways. A few minutes later, Jake slides me a small plate. He disposed avocados, bananas, and raisins on a toast, as tough a smiley face of food was looking right back at me.

- Jakey! That's amazing!

We both laugh and he comes take a seat on the chair next to me. 

"Well, I'm sorry but I might have to stab you, little man! Or else I won't be able to eat your face!"

- Okay, that sounded a little creepy, Prior. 

I chuckle but grab a fork anyway.

"Sorry for greeting you like this, by the way", I say my mouth full of food.

I point at my probably crazy looking hair and mickey mouse pajamas. 

He puts a front strand of my hair behind my ear, and leaves his hand there for a few seconds.

"You look just fine, Tris."

I small smile forms on the corners of my mouth as warmth fills my heart.
I mean, how could I not feel that way! I was eating a plate that has a smiley face on it, and my favorite smoothie for breakfast! I was also enjoying it with one of my favorite persons in the world, while waiting for my other favorite person to come by.

I really do have the best friends I could ever ask for.