Chapter 1

"Are you sure we shouldn't bring Thor back?"

"Yes. His reckless actions have proven that Asgard is safer if he is on Midgar-"

Loki halted in his tracks and looked up to the sky, where he saw something bright orange falling through the sky, seemingly on fire.

It crashed maybe twenty meters away from where he and his mother were standing. Frigga quickly rushed towards the crash.

Loki followed after her, although not as hurriedly. When he arrived barely a few seconds later he saw the figure of a woman, bleeding out of various wounds, which looked like they were made by a sword, unconscious on the ground and Frigga crouching next to the figure, concentrating.

What struck Loki the most though were the huge, beautiful golden wings on the woman's back. He quickly crouched down next to Frigga and helped her stop the bleeding, so they could carry the mystery woman inside, since they couldn't heal her outside, in the middle of the royal gardens.

"She could be the Phoenix, I don't know any other species that has wings like that" Frigga suddenly spoke up, bringing Loki back to reality. The woman was now lying in the medical wing, still unconscious, but Loki and Frigga had healed her wounds, also noticing that her body was completely covered in scars, at least her arms, face and her neck were.

Loki looked over to see his mother deep in thought, probably thinking about the same things he was too. Mainly who this woman was, why she landed in their garden and who injured her that badly.

Loki opened his mouth to answer, but closed it again when he noticed the woman moving ever so slightly. Frigga noticed this too and took a cautious step towards her.

In the blink of an eye the woman was now standing behind Loki, pressing a dagger against his neck, catching both him and Frigga by surprise.

"Who are you?" the woman asked, her voice threateningly low. "I'm Frigga, current Queen of Asgard. And this is Loki, prince of Asgard" Frigga explained in a calm voice.

At hearing these words the woman made the dagger vanish again and dropped Loki to the ground, who was now gasping for breath.

"Are we really on Asgard?" she asked, still suspicious. "Yes. I promise we won't hurt you" Frigga assured her.

Loki stood up, rubbing his neck and asked: "And who are you?", earning a glare from Frigga for being rude to their guest.

"I am Freya," she answered, crossing her arms in front of her chest. When Frigga and Loki looked at her expectantly she sighed and continued, "I was born here, on Asgard but was kidnapped when I was 6 because of my powers by-" "Hold up, you said powers?" Loki interrupted Freya, ignoring the glare he received from Frigga. "Yes, I am the Phoenix. So, as I was saying... I was kidnapped because of that by a mad titan called Thanos, who trained me to become a weapon. I fled from him and then I crashed here on Asgard" Freya explained, leaving both Frigga and Loki speechless.

"So you're saying that Thanos first kidnapped a six-year old and then turned that child into a weapon?" Loki asked, not quite believing Freya's tale. "Yes. Look inside my mind if you want confirmation" Freya replied, fully aware that he probably already tried to get inside her mind when she was unconscious.

Sadly for him though, Freya had found a way to keep her mind closed off even when she was unconscious, so that Thanos wouldn't be able to see her thoughts.

"I know you can read my mind, so go ahead. But I have to warn you, it's not...a nice place" she continued, looking at Frigga this time.

Then she felt Loki and Frigga entering her mind. She focused on only showing them some things like Thanos murdering her family in front of her and taking her. Thanos training her. Again, Thanos training her, but this time he wasn't only training her, but also hitting her with his own sword hard, injuring her instead of stopping the instant his sword made contact with her skin like you would usually do when training.

Freya showed one last scene of Thanos throwing swords at daggers at her while she fled, flying away from the sanctuary as fast as she could and then Asgard coming into view.

Loki and Frigga exited Freya's mind, shocked expressions on their faces. The 'training' sessions they had just witnessed were nothing short of torture. They could understand why Freya wanted to flee from Thanos.

"You are safe here" Frigga said, catching Freya by surprise. She had expected a lot of things. That she would be told to leave Asgard was what she thought would happen, and definitely not that she would be offered a place to build a new life.

"I beg your pardon?" she asked, not sure if she had heard Frigga right.

"You can stay here. You won't need to worry about Thanos coming to get you. No matter who he is, he won't dare to attack Asgard" Frigga assured her, but Freya knew that Thanos could easily send Gamora or Nebula to kill her, even though the chances of Gamora and Nebula defeating her in combat were extremely low.

"Hopefully" Freya mumbled. "Oh and by the way, I suggest you close your minds off, I could probably hear your thoughts from Midgard" she added, "I don't want to get involved in some family drama"

Loki immediately closed his mind, Frigga following a little bit later. "Actually, has a family of three gone missing like 250 years ago?" Freya asked. "I will check later," Frigga answered.

"You look older than 250" Loki stated, earning a glare from both Frigga and Freya this time.

"Time flows differently in Thanos' hideout" was Freya's response.

"Come with me, I will show you where you can stay" Frigga moved past Freya, leaving the room.

"Wait, are you serious right now?" Freya asked and Frigga turned around to shoot her a questioning look. "I mean, you don't know who I am or what I did, so why do you trust me this much?" Freya added.

"You're from Asgard and it is the duty of the throne to protect the people of Asgard" Frigga answered and started walking down a long hallway.

"Did the king agree to this?" Freya asked, which made Frigga freeze. Even Loki behind her froze. "Odin has fallen in the Odinsleep two days ago. He banished Thor to Midgard just before that" Frigga explained, making it obvious that she wasn't happy about the whole situation.

Freya wanted to ask why Loki hadn't become king then, but decided not to pry, since she didn't want to lose her only chance at a relatively normal life, away from Thanos.

They stopped in front of a wooden door, covered in golden decorations. "You can stay here for as long as you desire. I will call Lady Sif and the Warriors Three so they can show you around" Frigga explained.

"I can't thank you enough, your majesty" Freya thanked and noticed that Loki was gone. But she didn't really care, so she opened the door to her room and looked around while she waited for Sif and the warriors to arrive.

1228 words

First chapter is out. The start of a new journey. Please vote if you enjoy and leave ideas for the plot in the comments, I might add it.