Chapter 4

A few days later Freya was training outside once again, throwing daggers up into the air and letting them fall down on her and then creating a shield out of golden magic over her head to protect her.

Loki came outside, distracting Freya from her training and quickly vanishing all the daggers in the air. Her and Loki had become friends in the past few days, much to everyone's surprise.

"Something's bothering you", she stated and Loki looked up, lost in thought. "It's just- I haven't seen Sif or the warriors around today and I have a feeling they're up to something. I trust them but they're mainly Thor's friends, not mine"

"Maybe they just had a few drinks too much at a tavern yesterday", Freya shrugged, walking over to a tree and sitting down in front of it, Loki sitting down next to her.

"Maybe. Maybe I'm just overthinking it" he said, clearly not entirely convinced.

"Whatever they're doing, it's not going to be something that we should be concerned about, so stop worrying Loki", Freya reassured him.

"I suppose so. Now actually, the reason I came here. Would you want to train? You won't be able to beat me anyways so maybe it's better if you give up now" Loki smirked at her.

Freya just smirked back, standing up: "The rules are: No magic, you get two daggers at the start of the fight and that's it. First one to land a critical hit or gets the other to surrender wins"

"Fine by me" Loki answered, two daggers appearing in his hands. Freya did the same and they slowly started to circle each other. They both jumped at exactly the same time, their blades clashing in mid-air.

Freya landed where Loki was standing mere seconds ago, Loki now in her place. This time, Freya jumped first, managing to hit Loki's right arm. That obviously made Loki even more determined to win the fight.

Freya ducked under Loki's dagger, narrowly dodging the second one too, which almost hit her left leg. And she knew from experience that an injured leg was far worse in a fight than an injured arm.

She tried to kick Loki's legs out from beneath him, but he jumped back before her foot was even near his legs. That gave her enough time to jump up again.

~timeskip brought to you by 'I have no idea how to write action scenes someone please help'~

Loki was lying on the ground, both of his daggers way out of his reach and Freya was hovering over him, her knee keeping his chest pinned to the ground and a dagger pointed to his neck.

"What did you say about being able to beat me?" she asked smugly, vanishing her dagger once he allowed his body to relax, dropping his arms to his sides.

Loki muttered something inaudible, sitting up and healing any small cuts he had.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Freya asked, already having healed her only cut on her left leg.

"You're better than I expected" Loki replied, looking slightly mad that a girl he met a few days ago had beaten him in combat.

"And you haven't seen me fight when I use my magic", Freya said, letting herself fall down backwards on the grass.

"Sorry for injuring you" she added, staring up at the sky. Loki froze, not expecting that. "What?", he asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

"I said I was sorry for injuring you before", Freya repeated, "What? Is it rude here to say something like that?"

"No, no. It's just- you know what? Forget it", Loki explained, which had the opposite effect on Freya, just making her want to know what he wanted to say even more.

"What is making you so nervous you can't even say it out loud?", she asked, looking at Loki questioningly.

"That's not true", Loki said defensively.

"Stop dodging the question"
"I did no such thing"

"You just dodged the question again. So let me ask you again. What did you want to say?"

"Nothing"

"Sureeee"

"I- well Thor is the only one who would apologize for hurting me during training", Loki looked away, not meeting Freya's gaze, which he was sure was filled with sympathy and pity, which he didn't need nor want.

"I know the feeling" Freya said, looking over to Loki, nothing but understanding in her eyes. "Sometimes Thanos made me train with Gamora or Nebula. Neither of them ever apologized for almost killing me when I was already injured and they weren't", she continued, nervously fidgeting with her hands, which were resting in her lap.

"Well, you won't have to go back there anymore", Loki tried to cheer her up, but the smile didn't reach her eyes. "Yeah. Hopefully", she replied, looking to the horizon, wondering if Thanos was trying to find her or not. She prayed it was the latter.

Later that day Freya was reading in the library when Frigga teleported in front of her, a panicked expression on her face.

"Freya, we need your help. I don't know how to explain it but you're the only one Loki actually listens to"

"Calm down. What happened?"Freya put her book down and stood up.

"Lady Sif and the warriors three brought Thor back from midgard and Thor said Loki sent the destroyer after them. Loki said something about destroying Jotunheim after he saved his father by killing Laufey"

Freya would have liked a few minutes to process it, but she also knew that they didn't have the time for that. "Odin has awoken from the Odinsleep. Now come with me before it's too late"

Freya decided not to dwell on what Frigga just told her and instead teleported both of them to the rainbow bridge, or at least what was left of it. The Bifrost was completely destroyed and a good part of the rainbow bridge was blown into pieces as well.

Odin was standing on the edge, holding Thor's ankle. Thor was holding a sceptre and Loki was holding onto that sceptre.

Freya was relieved to find both of the brothers alive, but her smile soon dropped when Loki began to speak.

"I could have done it, Father. I could have done it. For you! For all of us"

"No, Loki" Odin said with a sad smile and both Freya and Thor knew what was coming when they saw Loki's expression.

"Loki no!" Thor begged and Freya shot Loki a look, begging for him to stay. But Loki didn't listen to either of them and let go of the scepter.

"LOKI NO!" Freya spread her wings and almost jumped off the bridge to at least try and save Loki, but Frigga held her back. "I can't lose you too", she said, tears starting to form in her eyes.

Freya couldn't care less at that moment. One of her only few friends had just died and she could have saved him. And even if she died in the process, at least she would be finally free.

Frigga finally let go of Freya's arm once she was sure Freya wouldn't jump after Loki.

Odin helped Thor back up onto the bridge and eyed Freya curiously.

Thor was about to ask her something, but didn't get the chance when Freya spread her wings again and flew back towards the palace without saying a single word.

1196 words

So. Loki commited suicide. Now what? You'll see. Tell me your guesses in the comment and let's see whose guess is the most accurate.

Also I apologize for this chapter, especially when Frigga comes to Freya it was extremely awkward and cringey so please forgive me.