Chapter 2

The room was quite big, as expected from the royal palace with pale golden walls. There was a large bed in the middle, facing a balcony overlooking the gardens.

Freya spent a long time just looking around Asgard from where she was standing on the balcony until a knock on her door snapped her out of her daze. She teleported in front of the door, opening it to see three men and a woman standing outside.

"You must be Freya. Let me introduce us. I am Lady Sif and these are Volstagg, Fandral and Hogun" the woman, Sif, introduced herself.

"Pleasure to meet you" Freya shook Sif's outstretched hand, closing the door behind her with magic.

"That was me, using magic. To close the door. I can't be bothered to do it myself" Freya explained, seeing everyone's surprised expressions.

"You can wield magic?" Volstagg asked, surprised. "No, that just happened randomly and I knew exactly it was going to happen"

"Of course I can wield magic, you just saw it", Freya added, fearing that they might not understand her sarcasm.

She heard a faint chuckle from behind a pillar, but it was so faint she could have also imagined it, so she chose to ignore it.

"Well, time to show you around," Volstagg said, turning around. Fandrall and Hogun followed close behind, with Sif and Freya behind them. Freya noticed Sif looking at her and turned around, shooting her a questioning look. "You just look a little... well, it looks like you just fought a war or something" Sif answered, nodding towards her face, where a rather large cut was still healing.

"Yeah. You could say so" Freya dismissed Sif's concerns, glad that Frigga hadn't told Sif and the warriors where she came from. It wasn't something she was eager to share. She didn't know why she had even told Frigga and Loki before. I mean, Frigga, sure. There wasn't a single soul in Asgard that wouldn't trust Frigga with their life, but why did she tell the god of mischief? That could only go wrong. Hopefully he wouldn't share her secret after she had almost killed him.

Freya smirked at the memory. She had nearly killed the literal god of mischief, prince of Asgard, Loki Odinson not even an hour ago. Now that she thought about it, it was probably a small miracle Loki hadn't already killed her.

Sif noticed this and smiled too. "What makes you smile like that?" "Oh, it's nothing. Just... I definitely didn't expect to land in Asgard, let alone in the royal palace when I fled" This made the other three halt in their tracks, looking back at her.

"What do you mean you fled?" Hogun asked, frowning. 'Oh shit' Freya cursed herself in her mind but didn't let it show. Instead she answered: "It means that the...person...I have been...working for...had plans I didn't agree with so I fled but he chased me down. I probably would have died if Queen Frigga and prince Loki wouldn't have healed me"

"Loki healed you? Frigga yes, she would definitely do that. But Loki?" Sif shook her head, not believing her. "He is the one who insists that it's better if Thor remains in exile on Midgar-"

"Let me stop you right there. I have been told that there is some stuff going on but I would prefer to not get involved with all the royal family drama if it can be avoided, thank you" Freya raised her hand, cutting off Sif.

Sif nodded in understanding and continued to walk along the long hallway.

Hours later the tour was finally coming to an end and Sif was currently showing Freya a dress she could be wearing that evening, since she was invited to dinner with the royal family, which was only Loki and Frigga currently.

"Nope, no no no. Either you give me a suit or something or I'm not coming", Freya refused to try on the dress Sif was holding.

"Fine" Sif huffed and put the dress back down. "I can't believe you don't have any formal clothes" over the past few hours the two had bonded quickly, Frigga noticed this, obviously, and was happy that Freya had already found some friends.

"As I said, I was a wea- a warrior, I never needed anything fancy" Freya still didn't want Sif to know what she had been forced to endure, but she suspected that Sif was very much aware of the fact she was hiding something from her. Thankfully though, Sif, being the legend she is, never said anything, probably sensing that it was a sensible topic.

Sif pulled out something else, this time a dark green and black suit with some golden bits. Freya took it from Sif and eyed it curiously. (Brace yourselves, I suck at describing stuff and I couldn't find a decent picture on google so here we go)

The top was made out of simple black leather fading into green at the top. From the neck there was a golden pattern working its way downwards, slowly dissipating once it reached the hip. The pants were also black with an almost identical green and gold pattern as the top.

"Try it on" Sif ushered Freya towards the bathroom. Freya didn't complain, closing the bathroom door behind her.

Not even two minutes later Freya came back, now dressed in formal asgardian clothes. "I- wow. You look great", Sif was speechless when she saw Freya in the suit. "Thanks I guess?" Freya laughed nervously, blushing slightly. She couldn't deny Sif was pretty. And she also seemed pretty funny-

"You're gonna impress Loki when you show up in his colours", Sif said, bringing Freya back to reality. "First of all, why should a colour be his just because he wears clothes with that colour? And secondly, why should I care about what he thinks of me?"

"Because he could very well be your king in the future"

"Yeah ok, fair enough. But I can worry about not getting executed by the king of Asgard when and if he becomes King"

Sif just rolled her eyes and pulled Freya out of the room. "Hurry up, we're gonna be late"

"You seem to have mistaken me for someone who cares" Freya followed her friend towards the dining hall. Thankfully Sif was already wearing a formal dress so they didn't need to worry about her still needing to change.

When they arrived everyone was already there, except for Loki. Surprisingly, Freya had been placed between Frigga and Sif, an empty space in front of her. Barely a minute later Loki finally came and sat down in the vacant seat in front of Freya.

Freya looked up and noticed that Loki was indeed wearing clothes with a similar colour palette as hers.

She also couldn't help but notice how handsome he looked at that moment, his raven black hair falling just past his shoulders and the light shining onto his pale skin. Freya looked away, praying that nobody noticed it. Thankfully it didn't seem like anyone noticed it.

The rest of the evening passed quickly, Freya laughing and joking around with Sif and the Warriors, sometimes even with Loki, surprising even Frigga.

She closed the door behind her, finally alone once again in her room. As much as she enjoyed spending time with her new found friends, she was still not used to being around other people.

Using her magic Freya changed into some comfortable pajamas and crawled under the covers. This was all so much better than what she had expected when she finally fled from the Sanctuary. 

1261 words

I know it's not great but it will get more interesting, I promise. Also don't get used to any kind of upload schedule, mine is probably worse than Technoblade's when he- when he still uploaded. o7