Chapter 15

When Freya and Loki headed down to the common room, they felt that something was wrong and they quickly found out what. The Avengers were missing.

"JARVIS, where is everyone?" Freya asked, looking around the room for any traces of the team, but she couldn't find any. They weren't on a mission, that was clear since Mjølnir was still on the table, where Freya had put it down the previous day.

"JARVIS?" She asked again, when the AI didn't answer. She glanced at Loki, who wore a similar worried expression to hers. Freya teleported the both of them into the server room a few floors below, but still on the Avengers' private part of the tower.

There, Freya immediately noticed that at least half of the servers were turned off, which shouldn't be happening, since Stark always kept all the servers online, just in case.

"Get the AI back online, I will check for other threats." Loki said before teleporting away. Freya did exactly that and manually turned on every server in the room. At that moment, she was extremely grateful to have asked JARVIS about himself all those weeks ago, since it led to JARVIS teaching her everything about coding and artificial intelligence.

After fixing a few broken servers that were interfering with the entire system, the main terminal in the middle of the room finally turned on.

Freya cheered at seeing the holographic screen come to life and got to work rebooting JARVIS. She already hacked him once, so it wouldn't be too hard to find where his backups were stored, right?

It was harder than what Freya had expected, but it still didn't take her too long. Sometime during that Loki teleported back into the room.

"Did you find anything?" She turned to Loki once she got JARVIS started. It would take a few minutes for him to be fully functional again.

"No. No signs of enemies or the mortals."

"What about your brother?"

"His hammer is still here, he must either not be in danger or unconscious."

"I say unconscious, why else would the whole team be missing and JARVIS offline?"

Freya spun around to face the screen when she heard a beep, alerting her that JARVIS was online again. Loki moved closer, looking over her shoulder, wrapping his arm around her waist.

Freya leaned back slightly, resting her head on Loki's shoulder and continued to stare at the hologram in front of her.

"Hello Freya, Loki. What can I do for you?" JARVIS' voice echoed through the room, making Freya let out a relieved sigh, glad that JARVIS was back.

"We can't seem to find any of the Avengers. We fear they might have been taken, seeing as you were offline as well." Loki explained.

"I didn't record anything entering the tower but Mr Stark's tracker says that he is somewhere in the north of Canada, in an uncivilized region close to the ocean."

JARVIS created a hologram, showing a map of North America with a blinking red dot on an island in the north of Canada. "Welp, seems like we'll have to save them," Freya sighed, zooming into the map and seeing a concrete block, a few meters long and about 40 meters wide.

"Fine. But only because we would be blamed for their disappearance," Loki agreed, but Freya was sure that that wasn't the only reason, he just didn't want to admit that he cared about Thor and the mortals. The thought made Freya smile, which didn't go unnoticed by Loki, who pressed a quick kiss on her cheek before stepping back and changing into his armour with magic.

Freya did the same, changing into the armour she received from Frigga. It consisted of a variant of the Valkyrie armour, but black with a golden cape instead of white with a blue cape. There were some other golden accents too, like on her forearms and chest. On her back were two large slits that allowed her to use her wings without having to ruin the armour.

Loki stared at her for a few seconds, admiring her suit. "Come on, we don't have much time. Or better, the Avengers, including your brother, don't have much time." Freya told him, moving her hands in a complicated pattern and a circular portal, surrounded by golden-orange sparkles appeared in front of them.

"When did you learn that?" Loki questioned, once again amazed by her. "Stole some books from the wizards' library." Freya shrugged, "now hurry up, the cold air is interfering with the air conditioning system."

"It's not that cold." Loki smirked, knowing full well that he didn't feel the cold at all due to his Jotun heritage. "Yeah yeah I know, now come on Elsa, it's snowing in the server room."

"Elsa?"

"It's from a movie, I'll explain later."

779 words

I just realized now I never posted this chapter, sorry