Chapter 3

Freya was exploring the castle a bit on her own when she came across the sounds of daggers hitting wood. Anyone else probably wouldn't have been able to hear it but Freya picked it up thanks to her enhanced hearing.

She turned a corner and walked outside into the gardens. There she spotted Loki throwing daggers at a piece of wood at least 50 meters away. (164 feet) Every dagger hit a perfect bullseye.

"Not bad" she commented, casually walking towards Loki. He spun around, clearly not having heard her coming.

"You're quite easy to sneak up to for being a god and all" Freya continued. She knew it was probably a bad idea to tease the prince like that but she didn't really care and she definitely wouldn't back up now.

"I heard you coming"

"Sure you did"

"I just didn't think you would actually come to bother me. And I suggest you don't talk to me like that"

"I know who you are but I don't care. I don't respect people based on their status but based on their personality"

Loki apparently didn't know how to respond to that, turning around and focusing back on his daggers.

Freya decided that flexing in front of the prince of Asgard was an excellent idea, so she also summoned daggers of her own and threw them at the target. Loki froze for a second, not having expected her to start training too.

Freya's daggers formed a perfect six-pointed star on the wood, leaving the center empty, since Loki's daggers still needed to hit the wood somewhere.

If Loki was impressed he didn't show it. "Hey, sorry about trying to kill you yesterday" Freya spoke up after they had trained in silence for a bit.

Loki didn't answer and Freya assumed he was still mad at her and didn't accept that as an excuse, not that he simply didn't know what to answer to something like that.

"You probably would have done the same in my situation so don't be mad at me. I didn't kill you. I can't guarantee that won't happen in the future tho-"

"Are you seriously thinking about killing the prince of Asgard?"

"Well not directly-"

"I'm not mad at you for yesterday"
"Oh that's nice"

They both resumed throwing daggers at the wooden target, occasionally filling in all the holes with magic. When Freya hit the back of the target for the tenth time Loki turned around and asked: "Where did you learn that?"

"My parents taught me some basics-"

"At age six?"

"As I was saying, my parents taught me some basics to help me control my powers and Thanos obviously used that to his advantage and left me some books about asgardian magic. Don't ask me how he got those, I don't know and I have a feeling he doesn't know exactly either. So I pretty much taught myself all of it"

This time Loki couldn't hide the fact he was impressed. There were many people who tried to teach themselves magic but usually they either give up or at most manage to summon some sparks, the best ones even a small knife. And now Freya, who had clearly teleported the previous day and had summoned dagger after dagger for the past twenty minutes, even making the daggers turn around in mid-air was telling him she taught everything herself?

"I know you don't believe me but I mean, that's your problem" Freya shrugged.

"The most I have heard from someone who taught themselves was summoning a small knife. You just summoned at least one hundred daggers, changed their direction in mid-air and yesterday you teleported despite still being injured. And you also cast an illusion to hide your scars"