Chapter 13

Avengers pov

After Tony had unlocked Loki's cuffs, Loki turned to Freya, placing a hand on her temple.

Everyone sat up straighter, some even standing up when Loki fell unconscious, but Thor reassured them he was fine.

"He entered Lady Freya's memory." He said, glancing over to his brother. "He cares for her very deeply. I haven't seen him like this since we were children," Thor continued, watching Loki with a fond smile.

Nobody spoke, too caught up in watching the two gods on the couch carefully. Thor's smile dropped when he noticed how tense Loki was and that Freya was trembling a little bit. He thought that it was a normal memory, a traumatic one yes, but maybe a family member dying or something of the sorts, nothing traumatic enough to shake Loki too.

Thor didn't know how wrong he was.

A bit later Loki and Freya both shot up, startling most Avengers, except for Nat, Vision and Thor. When Loki grabbed Freya's arm and teleported them away a lot of things happened very quickly.

Thor smiled, leaning back in his chair.

Tony called his suit.

Wanda stopped Tony from calling his suit.

Steve and Bucky jumped up, ready to fight.

Nat looked at Thor and Wanda and decided to sit back down.

Clint jumped into the vents.

Pietro zoomed off.

Stephen summoned his cape.

Bruce tried to calm down.

Vision helped Bruce calm down.

And Sam called Redwing.

Then JARVIS told them that Loki and Freya were in Loki's room and that they should not be disturbed.

Everyone with a dirty mind choked on air.

"How do we know if we can trust them?" Tony asked, already regretting having given Loki his magic back.

"We can trust Freya." Wanda said firmly, still leaning against Vision, who had his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"What about Loki? You know what he did. We can't trust him."

"My brother seems to have taken a liking to Lady Freya and I don't think he would leave without her. And as Lady Wanda said, Lady Freya can be trusted. She is worthy of wielding Mjølnir after all." Thor said, glad that Loki had finally found someone to care about.

"Fine. But if anything goes slightly wrong, it's not my fault for once." Tony sighed, sitting back down.

Freya and Loki pov

Freya was trying really hard not to fall asleep, but she was exhausted from barely sleeping the past week and Loki was still playing with her hair, making it even harder to stay awake. Before she could fall asleep Freya pulled away from Loki and couldn't help but admire how beautiful he was. And how safe he made her feel. She didn't know why but there was something about the god in front of her that made Freya feel safe. That made her feel at home.

She felt her eyelids grow heavy again, fighting to stay awake. Freya knew what was waiting for her once she closed her eyes. More memories exactly like the one she had experienced just before.

Loki noticed that she didn't want to fall asleep, that she was almost scared of it. It took him a second to realize why, but when he did, he felt guilty that he never noticed just how much these memories were hurting her.