Chapter 14

"Can you show me?" Freya asked after a few seconds of silence. Loki looked up from his lap and shot her a questioning look.

"Your Jotun form. May I see it?"

Loki hesitated, he didn't want to lose Freya, as she was the only actual friend he had and he knew that if he showed her his true form she would leave him. Just like everyone else in his life.

"Please?" Loki sighed and moved away from Freya, so that their hands were no longer touching. Freya gasped when Loki's skin turned blue and darker markings formed on his face.

Freya reached forward, but retracted her hand when Loki jerked away from her. "I'll hurt you. Frostbite." He explained with a sad smile. Freya noticed that it wasn't just his skin that was different, his eyes also turned red.

"I understand if you hate me now, I'm a monster after all and I don't deserve-" Loki was cut off when he felt Freya's hand on his cheek, tracing the dark markings. It shouldn't be possible for her to touch him without getting frostbite, right?

"I've said it before. You're not a monster just because your skin is a different colour." Freya said gently, feeling Loki lean into her touch, but he didn't seem to be aware of it.

"You're still beautiful Loki, don't let anyone convince you otherwise." Freya said, not quite realizing what she said until after she said it. But she wouldn't take it back, even if she got the chance to. It was time for the god of lies to hear the truth.

Loki just stared at her, not believing that she actually meant what she just said. But she wasn't lying, he could tell that. That didn't make what she said the truth though, there was no way her words could be true.

"You're lying." He managed to say after a few seconds, even though he knew that wasn't true. "No, I'm not and you know that." Freya answered, not moving her hand from where it was still tracing the lines on Loki's cheek.

"Why are you still here with me?" Loki asked, tears threatening to form in his eyes. He shifted back to his asgardian form and Freya was ever so slightly disappointed, since he was even more beautiful in his Jotun form than his normal Asgardian appearance.

Once again, Freya felt her heart shatter at hearing those words. How bad of a father had Odin been, that Loki couldn't even believe that other people cared about him?

Freya acted on instinct, not thinking about what she was doing, but every part of her was telling her to do it.

So she leaned closer and pressed her lips to Loki's, pulling away before he had any time to react. "Sorry, I shouldn't have done that, I-" Freya quickly apologized, but Loki cut her off by kissing her again, wrapping one arm around her waist and placing his other hand behind her head.

Freya closed her eyes, kissing him back and wrapping her arms around his neck, shifting a bit closer to him. They both pulled away again after what could've been seconds or hours, they didn't know nor did they care.

Freya never thought she could be this happy, and she definitely didn't think happiness would come in the form of the god of mischief and lies. But now, seeing Loki in front of her, she finally felt at home. Felt like she belonged here, with him.

And somehow, Freya still managed to ruin the moment by awkwardly trying to suppress a yawn. Loki laughed at that, laying down and pulling her with him, so that Freya was pretty much on top of him.

"Sleep my dear, you're safe here." He soothed, sensing that Freya was scared to fall asleep. Freya knew she was safe with Loki and that he would protect her, but she wasn't fully relaxed yet. That changed when Loki started playing with her hair.

When Freya woke up the next morning she felt that something was off, but it took her a few seconds to realize why. She was still in Loki's bed and was using him as a pillow. And he was still running his hand through her hair.

It was the most amazing feeling Freya had ever experienced.

"Good morning darling." Loki said when he noticed Freya was awake. Freya felt a shiver run down her spine when hearing his morning voice, wondering how he managed to make her emotions go crazy with three words.

She mumbled a 'good morning' in return and snuggled closer to him, not bothering to open her eyes. Loki smiled fondly at Freya's sleeping figure, forgetting everything around them for a bit. In that moment Freya was the only thing that mattered to him. The Avengers, Odin, even Thanos didn't matter to him.

"We should get up soon, the others might make assumptions." He said without making a move to get out of bed. "They'll do that anyways." Freya replied, her voice slightly muffled, since her face was still buried in Loki's chest.

"Yes, that is most likely true," Loki laughed, starting to braid Freya's hair with one hand. "Are you braiding my hair with one hand?" Freya asked, shocked. She already had trouble with doing a ponytail and then Loki managed to braid her hair with one hand? Something didn't feel quite right, then again, Loki was a prince, while she was far from being royalty, so maybe that was a reason why she was terrible at fixing her hair and Loki wasn't.

Loki laughed, moving to sit up, so he was now leaning against the headboard. Freya didn't sit up with him, so her head ended up on his lap. Not that she was complaining though, Loki was still braiding her hair.

"We should really join the others in the common room, it's already getting late." Loki said once he finished Freya's hair, keeping it in place with a golden ribbon he summoned, which contrasted nicely with her black hair.

Freya sighed, but sat up nonetheless. "Do you want to tell the others?" She asked, sensing Loki's hesitation to leave, even though he was the one to suggest it in the first place. "I honestly don't know, they want me dead, I know that much, but I don't know what they think about you, so maybe it would be a wise idea not to tell them for now."

Freya crawled over to Loki and hugged him tightly when he mentioned the Avengers hating him that much. "Why don't you tell them what actually happened?" She asked, although she had a feeling she already knew the answer to her question, which was also the reason why Loki hid his scars with an illusion, which he somehow managed to keep up, even when he was wearing those cuffs. But Freya did too, so she shouldn't be too surprised.

"You think that it means that you were weak." She stated after Loki didn't answer. That surprised Loki, he didn't think Freya would be able to read him that easily. "I know the feeling, but trust me, it's better if you tell them what happened. Thanos had an infinity stone, nobody in the entire universe could resist that. You're not weak, someone weak wouldn't have survived any of it, the fall through the collapsing Bifrost, Thanos, the attack on New York. You survived all of these things Loki, that makes you strong, not weak."

"Thank you Freya," Loki smiled and hugged her, resting his head on her shoulder. Freya smiled, combing through his long hair, wondering how it managed to look this good when he just woke up.

1258 words

I know this sucks, I'm sorry