Chapter 7

"I have to ask though, why did you tell me and My Lady Mother who you are? You don't seem the type of person to trust others," Loki was leaning against the wall, facing the hallway between the cells and Freya was sitting in front of him, leaning against an armchair Frigga had so graciously given them. They were just talking, like usual when an illusion of Frigga appeared beside them, scaring the shit out of Freya, who teleported back immediately, but Frigga had seen her nonetheless.

Luckily Frigga never told Odin, instead providing the two with books. She told them that she was trying to convince Odin to let them free again, since they were under Thanos' influence but Odin often didn't even listen to her.

TW: mentions of attempted suicide (thanks for that Thanos)

"I read your minds," Freya answered, "Not in a detailed way, just to make sure I could at least tell you something. To make sure you wouldn't try and kill me once you got the chance. Not that I would have minded, but I still have to get revenge on Thanos for what he did"

"You wouldn't have minded?" Loki asked, hoping that Freya wouldn't confirm it, hoping that she was just joking when she said it.

"The fact that I still need to get revenge is the only thing that stopped me from killing myself ever since I arrived here. I lost track of the times I tried to when I was still enslaved by Thanos but he always managed to stop me," Freya said, looking away so Loki wouldn't be able to see what was actually going on inside her mind.

End of TW

After that they stayed in silence for a while, Loki tried to process what Freya just said and she let him sort through his thoughts. Freya felt her eyes start to get heavy since she hadn't slept for a few days.

Freya decided that it wouldn't hurt to take a quick nap. If any guards came to check on them Loki could just cast an illusion to hide her. There was an illusion of her in her own cell anyways, so that was taken care of. Freya laid down on her side, not bothering to teleport back to her own cell. She fell asleep quicker than she thought possible, feeling safe for the first time in her life when she felt herself being covered by a soft blanket.

:)

A few weeks had passed and whilst Freya was glad that she at least wasn't injured like what she was used to, the imprisonment started taking its toll on both her and Loki. They both knew how to hide it but they had spent so much time together, got to know each other so well that they managed to see through the other's facade easily.

Frigga had continued to bring them books, so they at least had something to do, but Freya was still trying to come up with a plan to get both of them to the Bifrost, but she knew that even if they somehow managed to get to the Bifrost Heimdall would stop them.

They were both surprised when Thor came to visit them. He barely ever came down here to the dungeons and seemed to still hate Loki, at least it seemed like that the last time he visited.

"I bring great news brother! And Freya too," he said, almost too excited. "Why? Last time you were here you seemed to hate both of us for getting tortured and mind controlled," Freya replied, still pissed about the things Thor said to Loki.

"I have come to realize my mistake and I want to apologize to you," Thor did seem sorry, both Freya and Loki could see that, but they weren't sure what Thor's intentions might be.

"I have convinced father to let me take you both to Midgard," Thor announced.

"WHAT?" Freya protested, she wasn't exactly fond of Midgard, especially due to their arrogant and racist ways.

"I know you might not deem this as a good idea but I would like you to meet my friends. I can assure you that you will not be locked anywhere, we could also use some help on the battlefield," Thor explained.

"I mean, as much as I want to get out of here without having to kill every guard in the palace, why Midgard? I mean, out of all the realms you had to choose the one with the racist idiots?" Freya had already decided she would go to Midgard unless Loki wanted to remain on Asgard. Then she would stay too, even though going to Midgard would grant her the opportunity to escape and find Thanos, it seemed more important to her to stay with Loki, since he needed a friend and she did too, but she would never admit it.

"My friends are in no way racist, I can assure you of that. They might not trust you, but they will warm up once they get to know you," Thor tried to convince them, not knowing that both of them already decided they wanted to get away from these cells and Odin.

Freya glanced at Loki, who nodded slightly. "Ok, we're in. When do we leave?" she said, catching Thor off guard. "Do you really think we would want to stay here trapped in these cells?" Loki asked his brother.

"That's great! I will inform mother of your decision. Wait for me," Thor's face lit up before he rushed off, probably to go find Frigga. "Where else would we go?" Freya asked Thor's disappearing figure and Loki chuckled slightly at that.

"Do you really think it's a good idea to-," Loki started but Freya interrupted him, holding up a hand. "I'm going to stop you right there. If you want to ask me if it's a good idea to bring you back to Midgard, I have no idea but you're not mind controlled anymore and I'm not either so we should be fine. Otherwise we can blame it on Thor for bringing us there"

Loki nodded, still unsure. When Thor came back with Frigga all uncertainty disappeared from his face and Freya was surprised once again he trusted her enough to show her how he was feeling when he didn't even show his mother and his brother.

Freya noticed that Thor was holding two handcuffs, probably so that she and Loki wouldn't be able to use their magic. They probably didn't take into account that Freya could easily melt the thing if she wanted to but she definitely wouldn't point the mistake out to them.

Frigga opened Loki's cell and placed the cuff on his wrist. Freya could feel his magic disappearing. She knew how it felt to not be able to use magic, as Thanos often put a similar device on her to prevent her from escaping, especially just before he sent her on missions.

When Frigga opened her cell, she wordlessly held out her arm so Frigga could put on the cuff. Seconds later the familiar but painful feeling returned and Freya had to admit, it was pretty effective at preventing her from using her magic. Frigga probably made it and enhanced it with some sort of spell.

She and Loki followed after Frigga, Thor walking behind them to make sure they didn't try to escape. Freya knew that if they did try to escape, she could probably beat Thor up, even though he had his hammer at his side, ready to fight. She summoned a dagger for herself and one for Loki just before Thor returned with Frigga so she had a weapon to fight with if she needed to.

They walked silently to the Bifrost but Freya and Loki could almost feel Thor's excitement behind them, contrasting Frigga, who didn't look nearly as happy as Thor. Thankfully they didn't need to speak to Odin. Freya knew that she probably would have tried to kill Odin, magic or not, she knew she was strong enough to.

"Please be careful on Midgard," Frigga told Loki and Freya before she hugged Thor, who promised he would visit soon.

Heimdall opened the Bifrost and wished them safe travels, though Freya and Loki weren't sure if it was directed to all of them or only to Thor.

Freya had never traveled through the Bifrost, so she let out a small gasp of surprise when they entered the Bifrost. Loki obviously noticed and immediately wrapped his arms around Freya to steady her.

Thor smiled knowingly when he noticed Freya and Loki so close together. He just wanted his brother to be happy, especially now that Frigga told him why Loki had attacked New York.

1436 words

Damn, this was a long one. But I will warn you. The storyline does NOT match with the MCU from here on because there will also be people like Bucky or Sam living at the tower, so please don't get mad at me for not making this follow the mcu plotline. If it would follow it, well you know what would happen to Loki and we definetly don't want that happening.