Chapter 9

Freya didn't even take the time to look around the room, instead sitting down in front of the bed and placing her head on her knees. Her magic was the only thing keeping the memories at bay, and now with her magic gone they all resurfaced again. It was manageable until she felt that power again.

She didn't know how long she sat there, trying not to lose control of her Phoenix powers and burn down the entire tower.

A knock on her door brought Freya back to reality. "Go away." she snarled, to caring who was actually knocking and praying that whoever it was didn't notice how traumatized she was from the memories.

"Freya, let me in. Please," Loki's voice came from the other side. Freya hesitated. She had never heard Loki sound that concerned about anyone. "Freya, please." he asked again. He sounded almost desperate so Freya finally mumbled a soft "Come in."

Loki opened the door and saw Freya sitting in front of her bed, her head resting on her knees. Silently Loki closed the door again and walked over to Freya, who instinctively tensed up at hearing his footsteps.

Loki halted in his tracks when he noticed this, kneeling down next to her. Hesitantly he reached out and placed his hand on her shoulder. Freya flinched at the touch, moving away a slight bit.

"Freya, it's just me, I won't hurt you." Loki said softly, raising his hands to show he meant no harm. He gave Freya a few seconds to calm down before he gently touched her shoulder again. This time Freya only tensed up a bit, but she relaxed after a few seconds when she realized that Loki wasn't going to hurt her.

Loki shifted a bit closer to her, gently wrapping his arms around her small figure. Freya leaned towards him, resting her head on his chest.

"Thanos is not here, he can't get to you. He won't hurt you. Ever again." Loki reassured her, stroking her hair, making her finally relax in his arms.

After a while Freya had nearly fallen asleep. Nearly. Loki thought she was completely asleep and gently kissed the top of her head before he stood up again and set her down on her bed.

As he was about to leave, Freya grabbed his wrist. "Stay. Please." she whispered.

Loki turned around and Freya could have sworn that he was slightly blushing, but it might have just been her imagination.

"Please." Freya asked again when Loki hesitated. She could see the fear in his eyes but she didn't know why he was scared.

After a few seconds Loki finally gave in and laid down next to Freya, who instantly snuggled closer to him and wrapped her arms around his torso. Loki smiled fondly, holding Freya close whilst she slept. He knew that he should probably return to his own room but he didn't want to leave Freya, especially since he had a pretty good idea of what was troubling her.

:)

When Freya woke up a few hours later she was extremely confused for a second why she was so comfortable and why she didn't get the usual nightmares. It was only after a few seconds that she noticed a pair of strong arms around her. It took her another few seconds to realize it was Loki and that he was asleep next to her.

Freya also noticed that she felt safe in his embrace, but before she could think too much about it Loki shifted a bit, so that his head was now resting on Freya's chest.

She smiled at the sight of the god of mischief, usually so closed off and refusing to show any emotion, now curled up in her arms. Barely a few minutes later Freya fell asleep once again.

627 words

I know it's way shorter than usual but I promise the next chapter will be longer. I also won't be taking that long to upload again.(at least for the next chapter) I will upload the next chapter today, maybe tomorrow.