Chapter 17

Freya opened another portal, allowing her and Loki to get to the surface again, so that they wouldn't get trapped underneath the structure of the concrete building. When they stepped out there were already at least ten guards standing by the entrance, trying to wake their unconscious colleagues up.

They all turned towards Freya and Loki when they appeared in front of them, raising their guns. The guards didn't hesitate for more than a second before they started firing; the bullets all bounced off of a shield Loki created.

"Why do mortals always think they can harm us with something like a gun?" Freya sighed, inspecting the dagger she just summoned. "They never learn from their mistakes," Loki stated, also summoning a dagger of his own.

"Well, let's teach them a lesson then, shall we?" Freya smirked, throwing the dagger and vanishing it. "As my Lady wishes," Loki replied, casting an illusion to make him turn invisible once again.

Freya calmly walked towards the guards, who had stopped firing their guns at her and Loki by now. The guards were terrified and it was nearly a miracle that they were still standing upright and hadn't fallen unconscious yet. Loki appeared behind a guard towards the back and whispered something in their ear before vanishing again.

The guard spun around, frantically searching for Loki, but he was back at Freya's side, watching the guards become more and more panicked with every step they took towards them. "This is getting boring, shall we end it?" Loki asked, turning towards Freya. She took his outstretched hand and nodded, releasing both her and Loki's magic at once, creating a shockwave with them at its center.

When the golden and green mist vanished, the area looked like nothing had ever been there, there were no traces of any human ever stepping foot in the area, no traces of any facility that held the Avengers themselves up until a few minutes ago.

Freya created another portal, leading back into the common room of the Avengers tower and took Loki's hand before she stepped through, smiling at him reassuringly. She hoped that the team would trust them a bit more after they just saved them.

Everyone was slowly waking up, probably also thanks to Jarvis filtering the air to rid it of the last toxic gases. They all looked extremely confused as to why they were on the floor, especially those who had woken up on their own and noticed their teammates getting covered by a green shimmer before waking up.

"What the hell happened?" Tony asked, leaning back against a couch. Everyone else also turned their attention to Freya and Loki, who were the only ones standing; nobody had forgotten the events of the last day, when they found out Freya was worthy of Mjolnir, could melt through the magic-restraining cuff and when they gave Loki his magic back as well.

"It appears as if you have been kidnapped, Mr. Stark." JARVIS' voice came from the ceiling and every Avenger turned to Loki. "What did you do brother?" Thor asked warily, not trusting Loki, especially when JARVIS just told them that all the Avengers were kidnapped.

"JARVIS, can you please tell them what happened? They probably won't believe us anyways," Freya requested, sitting down on a couch. Loki also sat down next to her, ignoring the looks Thor sent him, probably due to the fact that Freya was now leaning against his shoulder.

"Someone hacked my system, so I have no data of the events after 10 pm yesterday, but it is extremely likely that a narcotic gas was inserted in the air filtering system, rendering all of you unconscious. A secret organization held you in a facility in the north of Canada. It seems as if the facility vanished from the surface of the earth though," everyone turned back to Freya and Loki, who were acting too innocently for it to not be suspicious.

"Yeah, we might have burned it down and killed every guard there. Before you ask, we brought you back here with those portals Stephen uses." Freya explained. "Since when are you a master of the mystic arts?" Stephen asked, more curious than hostile.

"You left some books lying around."

"And why did whoever was after us not take you two as well?" Tony asked. "Both our rooms are shielded with magic, nothing harmful could get in," Loki answered, leaving out that they both slept in his room.

Everyone stayed silent for a minute, before Steve spoke up again: "Welcome to the Avengers."

746 words

And another story is finished! I really wanted to continue it, but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for this story, so I'm going to end it here, but it means that I will focus on finishing Lone genius and then maybe start another fic....

In case I might, hypothetically decide to write another fic, should I make it Loki x Y/N  or Loki x OC? Hypothetically, of course, not that I'm planning to write something new, definetly not.