Chapter 10

Freya looked up from her book when she heard a knock on her door. It had been an entire month now since she arrived on Midgard. The Avengers still didn't trust her or Loki, which resulted in the two spending most of their time in their rooms and sometimes in the training room after they had convinced Tony to let them train.

"Come in." she called out and put her book down next to the bean bag she was sitting in.

She sat up straighter when she saw that it wasn't Loki, like she had expected but Wanda and Natasha instead.

"Look, I know we've had our differences, but we would like to talk to you. If you want, that is." Natasha said.

"You're giving me a choice?" Freya asked, trying hard to hide her surprise. She did trust the Avengers, at least enough to possibly become friends with them, but until now the most she had talked with anyone was when she sensed the mind stone, only to realize that it wasn't Thanos, but Vision instead. Of course, she then had to explain her history with the mind stone, but the Avengers didn't look like they believed her.

"Yes. We know that we haven't been treating you very well, but we generally don't really trust others a lot, especially ones from other worlds." Wanda said.

"Well, you seemed to trust Thor very quickly when he came here." Freya remarked, gesturing for Wanda and Natasha to sit down in front of her.

"Well, we were in a difficult situation, and apparently it wasn't the first time Thor came here. Fury already knew him and said we can trust him." Natasha explained, sitting down next to Wanda, who closed the door behind them with her magic.

"What did you want to talk about?" Freya asked, changing the topic, since she didn't want to think about what Loki had been forced to do, or how he had been forced to do it.

Wanda and Natasha looked at each other with evil smirks on their faces for a second before Wanda spoke up. "So, is there something going on between you and Loki?" she asked, leaning slightly forward.

"What? No, why would you think that?" Freya answered defensively.

"It's so obvious that you like him and that he likes you back, I mean, have you seen how he looks at you?" Natasha explained.

Freya couldn't help but be slightly amazed at the scene in front of her. Probably the deadliest assassin on the planet and a magic-wielding human, who also happened to be one of the strongest superheroes this realm had to offer, were acting like children. Not that Freya minded, she would also act like a child if given the chance.

"What are you talking about?" she said, glaring at Natasha and Wanda, who still wore smirks on their faces.

"Oh come on Freya, you're a smart person, it's not that hard to figure out. Now if you'll excuse us, we still have other people to ship." Natasha said, standing up. Wanda followed her out of Freya's room, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Once she was alone, Freya allowed herself to drop her face, revealing that the things Wanda and Natasha said were bothering her more than she wanted to admit.

They couldn't be right, there was nothing going on between her and Loki and it was perfectly fine like this.

Right?

:) the next day :)

"So Freya, why did you come to Earth?" Stephen asked.

Natasha and Wanda had forced Freya and Loki to come down to the common room, where they were now sitting alongside the rest of the team. Stephen and Tony were sitting next to each other on a couch next to Steve and Bucky. Natasha was sitting on the floor in front of Clint, playing a game of battleship with him. Wanda was sitting in between Vision and Pietro. Pietro was watching the intense game of battleship between Natasha and Clint.

Bruce was in an armchair, scrolling through his phone and Thor was in another armchair, talking about something with Sam, who was sitting on a sofa next to him.

"The other options were either spend my life in a cell on Asgard, or if I somehow would have managed to escape, be forced to kill countless guards and be stuck on Asgard, since Heimdall wouldn't open the BIfrost for me." Freya answered.

"What did you even do to get locked up?" Tony asked.

"As I have said at least five times already, Odin decided it was entirely my fault that I got kidnapped when I was six and then tortured and mind-controlled for the following 994 years." Freya said, rolling her eyes.

"So, let's suppose we believe that you and Loki were forced to do those cruel things you speak of, what would you do?" Tony asked, surprising everyone. He was usually the last person to trust someone, he had shown this multiple times in the past.

"I- I don't know, to be honest. I just want to make Thanos pay for what he has done but I have no idea where he is, and even if I did know where he is, he is one of the most powerful beings in the Universe, if not the most powerful and he might even have an infinity stone. So I wouldn't stand a chance against him. He probably wouldn't even kill me, he would just kidnap me again. Believe me if I say that I would have gone back immediately if that meant that he would finally kill me." Freya answered.

Everyone just stared at her in shock. Whilst they still didn't quite believe her, they were getting closer to trusting both Freya and Loki every day, since they never tried to escape or harm anyone else. Except for when they decided to steal all of Thor's Pop tarts. That time they had gotten close to stabbing Thor with a knife from the kitchen. Thor did say that it wouldn't have been a problem, since Loki used to stab him all the time, but it still scared the rest of the team more than they thought it would.

"What do you mean that you would go back if you knew that Thanos would kill you?" Bucky asked, slightly concerned.

"It means that Thanos would finally do something I've asked him to do so many times." Freya replied, making everyone look at the floor. Nobody had been aware of just how much of an impact Thanos had on her and the only ones who could imagine were Loki, who had met Thanos as well, and Nat, who was also forced to do cruel things from a very young age.

"Does that mean you finally believe us?" Loki asked after a few seconds, before anyone could comment on what Freya had revealed, sensing that she didn't want to talk about it.

"Not enough to let you two use your magic again, but a bit more than before." Tony answered.

1150 words

Sorry for not uploading yesterday like I said I would, but a friend came over and we were busy the entire day.