003

Chapter Three:"and so it begins"⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁

Chapter Three:
"and so it begins"
⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁

     THE next day rolled around and Calliope was walking into Mr. G's classroom, the first thing she noticed were the desks that were pushed close together on opposite ends of the room, which left the middle area empty.

The second thing she noticed, were the flags placed on each separate group of desks. There was a USA flag, A Germany flag, A France flag, and a Britain flag.

The third thing she noticed, was the splint on PJ's nose.

After cleaning up PJ's face and plugging up her nostrils with tampons to stall the bleeding, they postponed the club for the day and Josie drove them to the hospital. The group of four sat in the waiting room for about three hours with near dead phones and nothing to do, but eventually PJ was seen to by a nurse.

They were all allowed to stay in the hospital room with her while the nurse got to work on re-setting PJ's nose, Hazel might have taken a video and posted it on Twitter. They left the hospital about an hour later, PJ with a white splint rested on the bridge of her nose, and the nurse's instructions on a quick and smooth recovery.

Even though she'd already seen the splint before, it still took her by surprise to see it resting on the bridge of her nose. It was a stark reminder that Josie had managed to hit her so hard that she wound up breaking her nose.

It's also a reminder that a broken nose might be in her future, now that they have the fight club. Which definitely isn't ideal but... hey. If it's for female solidarity, then she'll gladly take a few punches to the face.

Mr. G split up the entire class into the four different groups. Or well, the four different nations involved in the Treaty of Versailles.

PJ and Josie were placed at the back desk table by the Germany flag, and Calliope and Hazel sat with Isabel, Brittany, and a guy dressed head to toe in all black who she was pretty sure was named Jason, though he much preferred to be called JD.

"The Holocaust, it happened." Mr. G introduced the lesson. JD raised his hand up, and the older man points at him. However, he didn't actually acknowledge that he had a question. "Yes, it did." JD drops his hand with an annoyed huff. "But how? The seeds were sown in the Treaty of Versailles, which y'all are gonna reenact while I do some little reading over here."

And by 'little reading' he means, cracking open one of his Playboy magazines and flipping through it for the rest of the period.

Yeah, that was class.

Calliope sat on the edge of the desk with her arms crossed, she watched as the students in the room joined in the middle and engaged in... what looked to be horseplay and a bunch of nonsensical conversations.