004

Chapter Four: "unofficial drive-in date"⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁

Chapter Four:
"unofficial drive-in date"
⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁

SHORTLY after the official club meeting ends, Calliope makes her way out of the gym and heads to the bathroom.

She walks into a stall and receives herself, then she flushed the toilet with her foot and thoroughly washed her hands in the sink. After drying off her hands under the automatic dryer, she pushed the door open and walks out into the hallway.

She waves at the girls in the club as they make their way down the hallway, heading towards the double doored entrance of the school. Then she walks through them herself, and stalks towards the parking lot to her car.

It was the first day that she had her baby back with her again, which is why she came to school without her trusty penny board underneath her arm today. When she and her mom relocated from Missouri to Louisiana, they flew by plane and rented a car.

Calliope unfortunately had to leave her Yellow Volkswagen convertible at home, along with her mother's Red Cadillac XT6. Her mom said it would be at least a week until the auto company was able to ship their cars there for them, but they came a few days early and she woke to her car in the apartment lot.

She didn't realize how much she missed her car until she saw it again.

Her keys twirled on her finger as she walks to the Volkswagen, she pressed the button to unlock the doors as she arrived. She opened the door and dropped into the driver's seat, then she tossed her bag into the backseat and buckled up her seatbelt. She puts the key in the ignition, turns it, and her car roars to life as the engine turns over.

She puts the gar shift in reverse and sets her hands on the wheel, then she pulls out of the parking spot and puts the gear in drive as she easily steps on the gas. As the wind flows through her hair, thanks to her convertible top being pulled back, she drove throughout the parking lot and left the school building behind her.

As she turned the corner and made it to the busy street, she approached a bus stop and spotted someone familiar sitting on the bench, writing in their notebook. Huh, she had no idea that Hazel had to catch the bus to get home. She knew she rode the school bus to and from school everyday, but she didn't realize after the club she'd have to use public transportation.

Well, that simply won't do.

She eased up on the gas and drives along the curb, but Hazel keeps her nose down in her notebook as she scribbles ideas on the pages. As she watched her, Calliope suddenly gets an idea that brings a mischievous smile to her lips.

She slowly pressed on the brake and the car comes a to complete stop, then she cups her hands around her lips. "Damn, girl!" Hazel's head shoots up, blue-green eyes wide as they land on her and swirl with confusion. "You look like you turn in all your assignments on time!"