008

Chapter Eight: "fall of a meathead"⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹  ⊹˚₊⌁

Chapter Eight:
"fall of a meathead"
⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁₊˚⊹ ⊹˚₊⌁

BREAKFAST at the Reyes house goes surprisingly well that morning, and by that she means her mom actually managed to not embarrass her or even hint to Hazel that Calliope had feelings for her while they talked.

Hazel really liked Thalia and her mom seemed to really adore her, but she got real confirmation after she and Hazel washed their dishes and the brunette left to use the bathroom before they headed off to school. As Calliope went to her room to grab her bag, her mom pulled her back for a second and told her that she loved Hazel and really hoped that she gave some thought to what she said to her the night prior.

Her mom's confession quite literally made her day, she had no doubt that her mom would love Hazel, but she was really happy to hear that she did. Hazel was one of the most important people in her life right now, and it meant the world that her mom approved.

She had given some thought to what her mom said, but it wasn't that simple. Did she want to take the leap with Hazel and possibly be happy with her? Of course she did. But just because that's what she wanted, doesn't mean that's what Hazel wants too. And that's what scared her, the unknown and it's consequences.

She didn't want to risk the chance of losing Hazel, and she had a better chance of not doing that by just being her best friend.

They say their goodbyes to her mom and grab their belongings, then they make their leave from her apartment and head down the steps toward the parking lot. The blonde girl unlocks her car doors and she and Hazel climb inside, then they buckle their seatbelts, she puts her key into the ignition, and soon they're pulling off and headed to school.

It's a fairly short drive from her apartment to the school, and when she arrived she pulls into her typical parking spot and she  and Hazel climb out out of her yellow a Volkswagen and make their across the campus to to the entrance of the school. As they make their way around the corner and down the corridor, they go their separate ways and head to their lockers.

Calliope spins the dial on the metal compartment, then she lifts up the lever and her locker opens. After taking out all the items she needs for her first three periods, she set her backpack inside and closed the locker shut. She makes her way through the bustling hallway, narrowly avoiding bumping into her fellow classmates, and she arrives at Mr. G's classroom and makes her way inside the room to her desk beside Hazel.

Ever since her first day of school in Mr. G's class she's always sat next to her, and not just because she wants to, but because Hazel leaves her backpack in the seat of the desk and will not under any circumstances let anyone but Calliope sit there.